• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rebuilding: Where do we go from here?

no one wants to take on that contract, only we do stuff like that

anyway, remember we need to be at the cap floor, we are already 10 under this year with higher contracts coming off the books

Both contracts are moveable after this year ....Both need to bounce back healthy and productive

So with Max gone and an obvious sign the rebuild is going full speed what else do we have to trade.

I am going to assume Weber (hurt and big contract) is going nowhere. Price will need to rebound to even have a shot of being traded with that contract.
So with those two eliminated what do we have.

Upcoming UFAs
------------------
Pleks - Not sure anyone takes him for much value this time. Best case scenario he performs well and can be traded for a second.

Paul Byron - at 29 years old I say trade him for whatever

Froese - lol

Benn - trade him for whatever you can

So that is not much now that Max is gone.

The Others
-------------

Petry - This is the one guy that I think has some potential to bring back some assets. 3 years left and at the age that he does not help us for the next contract. If he can repeat last year you might have a few takers that give back a legit prospect.

Tatar and Shaw - I will lump them together because there is potential to trade both (while retaining salary) for picks/prospects. I would try to move both for whatever I can get.

The other person I explore is Gally. 3 years left at a good rate but due for an increase if he keeps is up. If the right deal is there I look to move him. If not it does not hurt to keep him either.

On Ice Product
-----------------

Hope Price gets hurt and the team sucks.
Play the hell out of the young guys like Drouin, Lehkonen, Scherbak, etc

11 will land you a solid return. With the way he plays he might be declining in 3 years when his contract is up .

A few more pissed off fans is worth it if you can land another top prospect

Last edited:
So with Max gone and an obvious sign the rebuild is going full speed what else do we have to trade.

I am going to assume Weber (hurt and big contract) is going nowhere. Price will need to rebound to even have a shot of being traded with that contract.
So with those two eliminated what do we have.

Upcoming UFAs
------------------
Pleks - Not sure anyone takes him for much value this time. Best case scenario he performs well and can be traded for a second.

Paul Byron - at 29 years old I say trade him for whatever

Froese - lol

Benn - trade him for whatever you can

So that is not much now that Max is gone.

The Others
-------------

Petry - This is the one guy that I think has some potential to bring back some assets. 3 years left and at the age that he does not help us for the next contract. If he can repeat last year you might have a few takers that give back a legit prospect.

Tatar and Shaw - I will lump them together because there is potential to trade both (while retaining salary) for picks/prospects. I would try to move both for whatever I can get.

The other person I explore is Gally. 3 years left at a good rate but due for an increase if he keeps is up. If the right deal is there I look to move him. If not it does not hurt to keep him either.

On Ice Product
-----------------

Hope Price gets hurt and the team sucks.
Play the hell out of the young guys like Drouin, Lehkonen, Scherbak, etc

You just went past the cap floor. You’re in the basement brother.

Weber for Karlsson. :drink

They get a stable salary and an asset in return, despite their precarious situation. We get Karlsson to sign or move at the deadline.

:pepper

Shoot I’d even retain some salary for that to happen.

Byron and Benn will go at the deadline, maybe fetch a 2nd and that’s probably it for this year.

I’d like to see what Tatar can do.

The elephant in the room is Weber.

He’s 33 and pretty much accepts that he will never compete for a cup if he stays here so I don’t see him doing that no matter how stoic he is. Once he comes back and assuming he’s in form, further assuming the Habs are nowhere near a playoff spot, there’s a chance the demand for him will make it impossible to say no.

Ironically this would be the only time I think MB would be able to trade from a position of strength, you’d think he’d relish that opportunity rather than wait 2 years when Weber at best gets you a 2nd and a B prospect.

I think Shaw can get a decent return as long as he can rebound and stay healthy. Big if obviously.

LOOOOOL

Have you seen his stats? We are paying a team to take him and getting NOTHING back. He has negative trade value and will next year even if he's healthy.

LOOOOOL

Have you seen his stats? We are paying a team to take him and getting NOTHING back. He has negative trade value and will next year even if he's healthy.

Several trusted sources including Bobby Mack indicated there was strong interest in Shaw at the deadline. MB wanted to keep him.

Did you see Max’s stats last year? He netted a guy who scored more than him last year a high end centre prospect and a 2nd round pick.

The body of work is more important. If he can stay healthy... there will most definitely be suitors.

Several trusted sources including Bobby Mack indicated there was strong interest in Shaw at the deadline. MB wanted to keep him.

Did you see Max’s stats last year? He netted a guy who scored more than him last year a high end centre prospect and a 2nd round pick.

The body of work is more important. If he can stay healthy... there will most definitely be suitors.

Wouldnt mind a respectable # 4D with a similar contract in return .

Benn, Byron better have their suit cases ready by the deadline or sooner .

Petry should fetch a decent return as well, he can help a contender

Yeah, no GM will take 31's stupid contract. Honestly i wonder how MB is still around! I don't get this. This guy in space of 3-4 years totally destroyed this organisation, not that we were contender before but what is this shit tbh?!?!

Habs outside Petry doesn't have any veteran with decent value to trade, knowing it will be really hard to get rid of 31 and 6 contracts, specially 31!

Shaw is the type of player that many teams would like to have for a playoff run, he definitely has value, but health is starting to be a big concern.

Yeah, no GM will take 31's stupid contract. Honestly i wonder how MB is still around! I don't get this. This guy in space of 3-4 years totally destroyed this organisation, not that we were contender before but what is this shit tbh?!?!

Habs outside Petry doesn't have any veteran with decent value to trade, knowing it will be really hard to get rid of 31 and 6 contracts, specially 31!

Price doesn't need to be traded. He will likely still be good when the team is ready to compete again in 3 years.

And yes, I know you are just trolling -- but whatever.

Price doesn't need to be traded. He will likely still be good when the team is ready to compete again in 3 years.

And yes, I know you are just trolling -- but whatever.
Price will never take this team far, unless you give him a TEAM-CANADA caliber team. Ne rêve pas en couleur!
31 years old and still counting, Thank god Team-Canada didn't go amateur for Olympics earlier!!

Last edited:
Back