• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

Dermott on the third pair is like Johnsson on the fourth line. Dumbass Babcock.

Kevin Papetti
‏ @KPapetti
6h6 hours ago

NHL D 5v5 Rel CF% Leaders since '17-'18 (min 1000 min):

1. Dermott 6.14%
2. Giordano 6.11%
3. Hamilton 5.66%
4. Letang 5.29%
5. Karlsson 5.03%
6. Lindholm 4.57%
7. Ekman-Larsson 4.39%
8. Ekholm 4.14%
9. Butcher 3.97%
10. Dumoulin 3.88%
11. Muzzin 3.87%

Stats via corsica.

We'll hear a lot of things between now and trade deadline, but I don't think we'll see any significant trade considering ...

1. We're capped out for this year, any trade involving roster player needs to have equal cap space
2. We've already given up our best assets (1st round pick, Grundstrom) that Dubas is willing to move. Dubas pretty much hinted Sandin, Liljegren, Kapanen and Johnsson are untradeable

So, as much as Babs may not like Muzzin being a LHD, reality is he's not getting another RHD who can play top 3 min. Will he get a depth D? Maybe. Someone like Kornwall is possible I suppose, but I'd hope Dubas doesn't even go for that because of the risk Babs may overplay another 3rd unit D in 1st unit usage and minute.

Dermott on the third pair is like Johnsson on the fourth line. Dumbass Babcock.

Kevin Papetti
‏ @KPapetti
6h6 hours ago

NHL D 5v5 Rel CF% Leaders since '17-'18 (min 1000 min):

1. Dermott 6.14%
2. Giordano 6.11%
3. Hamilton 5.66%
4. Letang 5.29%
5. Karlsson 5.03%
6. Lindholm 4.57%
7. Ekman-Larsson 4.39%
8. Ekholm 4.14%
9. Butcher 3.97%
10. Dumoulin 3.88%
11. Muzzin 3.87%

Stats via corsica.

Dermott's usage is way lighter than most that list, but I agree that it's ridiculous to leave someone who is burying mediocre competition down the roster like that. Especially with a guy like Zaitsev one spot ahead of him and Dermott's willingness to play RHD.

Obviously re: qoc. Muzzin at 11th also points to his idiocy of playing Zaits and Hainsey more minutes, as that is against tough comp.

yeah not as great as it looks.

Dermott has the 3rd weakest qoc of all 1000+ min dmen over that time.

still, though, none of the guys with similar light QOC come close to matching him either - none of them even hit +4rel.

(because of course, any time someone dominates like that the coach moves them up).

yes i feel the CF% is quite skewed because of usage ... CF% without the context of usage, or partner, is kinda pointless.

Still, he should be more minutes against better competition if he's over-performing in the 3rd unit

Leafs brass really like Nick Jensen in Detroit, how do his underlying numbers look? Real chance they land him by the deadline

jensen's numbers are awesome.

but there's one guy i've got absolutely zero eye test for. i don't know who the hell he is.

yeah not as great as it looks.

Dermott has the 3rd weakest qoc of all 1000+ min dmen over that time.

still, though, none of the guys with similar light QOC come close to matching him either - none of them even hit +4rel.

(because of course, any time someone dominates like that the coach moves them up).

salient-point.jpg

Leafs brass really like Nick Jensen in Detroit, how do his underlying numbers look? Real chance they land him by the deadline

If we could get this guy, and keep this guy for cheap long term, I would do ****ing cartwheels.

****ing cartwheels.

If we could get this guy, and keep this guy for cheap long term, I would do ****ing cartwheels.

****ing cartwheels.

You won't get him cheap. Even if he indicates he's not signing until summer they will still expect a decent return for him.

Unless offers are underwhelming and the Leafs wait until the 11th hour to get him for a second in some future draft that is.

Back