• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

Ilya Mikheyev... 24 year old RW. We are amoung the finalists for his services.

Does anyone know anything about him?

Based on his stats and a couple of videos:

- .73 ppg when you apply the KHL scoring coefficient is in the .5ppg NHL range (with the top line minutes he was receiving in the KHL), so this is a bottom 6 guy at best
- 2 yrs at this level (23 & 24 yr old seasons) kind of suggest that this is what he is. Late career offensive breakouts happen, but they're pretty rare
- Does seem to have something of a nose for the net though, and looks to have good speed and good edges (the couple videos I've seen show him carrying his speed into his glide very well
- Looks to have at least an okay engine. Most of his highlights that I saw came from him making some sort of hustle play to create the opportunity.

Based on his stats and a couple of videos:

- .73 ppg when you apply the KHL scoring coefficient is in the .5ppg NHL range (with the top line minutes he was receiving in the KHL), so this is a bottom 6 guy at best
- 2 yrs at this level (23 & 24 yr old seasons) kind of suggest that this is what he is. Late career offensive breakouts happen, but they're pretty rare
- Does seem to have something of a nose for the net though, and looks to have good speed and good edges (the couple videos I've seen show him carrying his speed into his glide very well
- Looks to have at least an okay engine. Most of his highlights that I saw came from him making some sort of hustle play to create the opportunity.

Bye Connor Brown

Let me dream will ya? Also, Brown's contract probably has to disappear regardless of Connorov Brownev above.
Yeah, Brown is a goner.

The Leafs weren't going to be able to afford $2.1M for a player in his position on the depth chart in any case, but his miserable season & playoffs this year should seal the deal even more.

Yeah, Brown is a goner.

The Leafs weren't going to be able to afford $2.1M for a player in his position on the depth chart in any case, but his miserable season & playoffs this year should seal the deal even more.

He put up 26 points, which is solid production for a 4th liner, problem is that Babcock thinks of him as a 2nd or 3rd liner, that's a coaching issue and not a Conner Brown one. Having said that, I don't think he brings much (if anything to the team), and really I can't justify his 2.1 million cap hit, so yes I could see him being dealt to a team that needs to reach the cap floor (hello arizona).

Agreed, package him with anderson for maybe a nurse.

You mean Andersen? I like Nurse, and I think he'd be a valauble top 4D here, but thats a bad move to include Andersen in any deal. The leafs just don't have a starting goalie in their system, do you really want to run with Sparks as the starter for 60 games? Sure Andersen has his warts, but at the end of the day he's a top 5-10 goalie in the NHL, most teams would kill to have him on their team.

the ridiculous thing is Kucherov's hit was objectively way more dangerous. but Kadri is named "Nazem", plays for the Leafs, and has been suspended however many times before. those three things alone are each worth another game.

Mirtle also had an article saying he expected a pretty stiff suspension. apparently Kadri doesn't have many friends in the NHL office.

I didn't see the Kucherov hit, and I fail to see with what that hit has to do with Kadri's antics in Game 2, to me its just a defense mechanism at its finest. The nazem hit was nothing short of dangerous, reckless, and could have seriously injured the guy had he struck him 3-4 inches lower along the neckline, there is zero place for that kind of behaviour in the NHL, period! Of course Kadri doesn't have any friends in the NHL head office and why should he? The dude has faced NHL discipline 9 times (including this one), he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt here, and if I'm being honest here, 5 games was far too lenient, it should have been 30 (10 for the hit, 10 for intent, 10 for repeat offender status), and those games should carry over into the 2019/20202 season.

You mean Andersen? I like Nurse, and I think he'd be a valauble top 4D here, but thats a bad move to include Andersen in any deal. The leafs just don't have a starting goalie in their system, do you really want to run with Sparks as the starter for 60 games? Sure Andersen has his warts, but at the end of the day he's a top 5-10 goalie in the NHL, most teams would kill to have him on their team.

Sorry it was suppose to read nurse and a first ...... my bad

Back