• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing Season Thread 2018-19

Oh Dermott was good. But they had two d last night who could make a pass, with Ozzy being neutral and the others being incompetent with the puck. It was a serious issue all night.

with Rosen, Sandin, and Liljegren playing well for your AHL team, puck moving shouldn't be an issue when you run into injuries.

curious

was dubas around when they hired babcock?
Yep. Dubas was basically Shanahan's first hire. Shanahan started in April of 2014, and then hired Dubas as his assistant GM in late July.

So, Dubas was around for Randy Carlyle & Dave Nonis's one lame-duck season, before they were kicked to the curb and Babcock and Lamoriello were hired in the summer of 2015.

#Leafs at practice:
Marleau-Matthews-Marner
Hyman-Tavares-Kapanen
Brown-Kadri-Nylander
Lindholm-Gauthier-Holl

Rielly-Hainsey
Dermott-Zaitsev
Marincin-Ozhiganov

Andersen
Sparks

No Gardiner (back spasms), Johnsson (concussion).

Even with a healthy roster, Babcock has a hard time making a line without some baggage. Putting Marleau up with Matthews is just dumb all over again. Yes, he's been playing better but with Kadri and still not much above a replacement level, if that. I guess you have three guys who consider themselves family. That's important for The Cock.

I thought Moore was coming up or just not in time for practice?

Even with a healthy roster, Babcock has a hard time making a line without some baggage. Putting Marleau up with Matthews is just dumb all over again. Yes, he's been playing better but with Kadri and still not much above a replacement level, if that. I guess you have three guys who consider themselves family. That's important for The Cock.

I thought Moore was coming up or just not in time for practice?
It's because they don't want to call him up until game-day, in order to save the cap space.

That might be taking it a bit too far. Guy could surely use the practice with NHLers and having Holl in there is just weird.
Maybe. At the same time, it also looks like Moore played with the Marlies on Saturday & Sunday night. So, the decision not to have him practice with the Leafs today might not be entirely salary-cap-motivated. And the Leafs don't play until Wednesday, so they could still call him up tomorrow and have him get a practice in.

Leafs pre Nylander extension: 20-8-0 40pts, PP 28.57%

Leafs post Nylander extension: 9-9-2 20pts, PP 11.76%

Leafs pre Leivo trade: 20-8-0 40pts, PP 28.57%

Leafs post Leivo trade: 9-9-2 20pts, PP 11.76%

Good god he was the backbone.

Back