• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

In Leafs Forum History... an anthology.

"When I was a little boy, my mother used to sing me a song: 'life is short, life is shit, and soon it will be over.'"

[video=youtube;NuXZojylUQg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuXZojylUQg[/video]

Shortly after I joined, Y2K was a thing.

Windows 98, was the PC standard.

I would have been as likely to access the board with Netscape Navigator, as Internet Explorer.

Palm Pilots were a thing, Ipods weren't.

Wifi wasn't a standard yet.

No wikipedia.

Shortly after I joined, Y2K was a thing.

Windows 98, was the PC standard.

I would have been as likely to access the board with Netscape Navigator, as Internet Explorer.

Palm Pilots were a thing, Ipods weren't.

Wifi wasn't a standard yet.

No wikipedia.

Dial up?

Dial-up at first, yep. But I feel like we had cable installed in the office shortly thereafter.

But there was definitely a time when folks complained if you posted too many pictures in the gameday thread.

There were three meet-ups that I recall, one at FloydianLeaf's apartment (I'm going to say 2003?), and a couple of meet-ups downtown which I organized.

From memory, he laid out a lot of great food, and showed us a lot of his Pink Floyd collection including a signed guitar. My memory is foggy on this one, but I know BBW was there and maybe babe? Jeremy?

The first meet-up was awesome, good crew. The bar (name?) gave us an entire section in front of a huge projection TV and near a pool table. Even had them throw in some swag, if I remember. BeLeafer, zeke, PQ, teeds, pierrepuck and many other attended. It was a Leafs/Sens play-off game (if anyone remembers the game maybe we can pin down the date), and I tagged everyone for $10 for a box-style game which PQ won a numbered jersey (he picked a Kaberle).

Second meet-up was at the same downtown bar, memory is a little foggy on that one. I remember picking up MNIJ in Richmond Hill on my way down from Aurora. Likely also a Sens/Leafs playoff game.

Anyone want to admit that they were in attendance, or able to recall the dates?

I definitely wasn’t wearing makeup. I have a baby face and it may have looked like it a little in the pic.

Last edited:
I went to the one at Floyd's apartment. Recall zeke with mommy's bimmer, PQ, Jeremy, pierrepuck and a few others. I also went to one at a bar on St. Clair west by Yonge (midtown) ... recall BG beating my ass on the pool table, teeds, mbow ... foggy.

Back