• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs - Bolts - (and maybe Habs)

How about a P/60 in the range of 2 for Killorn over the past few seasons? Yeah, he only gets middle 6 matchups, but he buries his opposition in them.

Basically, he gets Connor Brown's usage buuuuut:

Killorn: 1.91 P1/60, 6.03 cfREL, 9.65 relxGF%
Brown: .84 P1/60 , -2.6 cfREL, -5.49 relXGF%

He's producing like a top line winger, on their 3rd line. Huge advantage over what we run out there as a depth forward.

well, Brown is on our 4th line.

the "3rd liners" in terms of rank are Marleau/hyman/Johnsson.

well, Brown is on our 4th line.

Sort of, maybe, temporarily. Let's see if that's a long term thing or not. I pulled Brown out as the example because he and Killorn have nearly identical QoC

the "3rd liners" in terms of rank are Marleau/hyman/Johnsson.

According to QoC though, Hyman is a 1st liner, Marleau is a 2nd liner, and Johnsson is a 4th liner.

Sort of, maybe, temporarily. Let's see if that's a long term thing or not. I pulled Brown out as the example because he and Killorn have nearly identical QoC

According to QoC though, Hyman is a 1st liner, Marleau is a 2nd liner, and Johnsson is a 4th liner.

well, that's a question of deployment, not talent.

and if you do order the leafs that way then their depth only looks better in comparison.

Matthews/Marner/Tavares vs Kucherov/Point/Stamkos

Nylander/Kapanen/Kadri vs Gourde/Johnson/Miller

Marleau/Johnsson/Hyman vs Palat/Killorn/Cirelli

Brown/Ennis/Lindholm vs Joseph/Callahan/Paquette

I dunno I just don't see some talent depth advantage there.

Talent is very similar. The only difference seems to be execution. The Bolts have the experience edge. They've been doing this longer than we have. I would expect the gap to continue to shrink.

Forward groups are pretty similar. Even if I probably lean towards Tampa. Defense is a pretty good advantage for Tampa. Goaltending has to go to Tampa too.

The good news is you don't have to be the best team in the NHL to win the cup. The amount of luck involved in hockey is greater than just about every other sport.

Yup. Hearing the Leafs can never win a cup is hilarious. 8-10 teams can. A ****ing expansion team made the finals and everyone has forgotten already.

Forward groups are pretty similar. Even if I probably lean towards Tampa. Defense is a pretty good advantage for Tampa. Goaltending has to go to Tampa too.

Wait...I'm not the biggest Freddy fan, but there doesn't appear to be much difference at all between the statistically the last 2+ seasons. So why does goaltending have to go to Tampa?

TB really doesn’t worry me. I don’t see them as substantially better. I see us as the dangerous underdog. I guarantee they don’t want to play us.

Boston worries me. We have to avoid them this time.

Prodigious work, zeke.

This seems to be a real key to the difference in overall performance/standing:

When we look at team stats, though, we have to really consider the massive special teams differential - The bolts are 1st in PP opportunities and 6th in times shorthanded, while the leafs are last in both.

I had no idea they were 1st in pp opps.

In terms of goaltending, I have to give a strong nod to the Leafs. Vasilevsky is overrated. That es dsv% is ugly and nullifies any defensive advantage they may have.

Boston worries me. We have to avoid them this time.

The only reason the bruins worry me is ...

serveimage

Wait...I'm not the biggest Freddy fan, but there doesn't appear to be much difference at all between the statistically the last 2+ seasons. So why does goaltending have to go to Tampa?
Honestly, I didn't look at the stats. I assumed Vasilevskiy was better. If that's wrong... I stand corrected.

Goaltending ...... leafs
Defence ..... bolts
Forwards ....... comes down to kadri and the third line .... but I will take the leafs forwards.
I would rather the leafs and bruins face off against each other I the first round and let the habs deal with the bolts.
If price is on, they will have their hands full trying to get past Weber and company
The bruins ..... the leafs just have to keep the feet moving and the refs will have to call penalties.
Last year chara was being pulled around the ice from his hooking and holding.
Me .... give the leafs the bruins in the first round.
Leafs in 5

Have a funny feeling that you may see the first all canadian matchup in the finals in years.
Leafs vs flames. Lol

If leafs could ever get a pieteranglo and a Simmons, I would get my seat immediately, cause we all know that ALL of canada would be there to cheer the leafs on lol

Back