• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Montreal 12/13 7:30

Faulk with a weak-ass clearing attempt up the boards ends up in our net, 2-1 Habs

The period started off well... I thought our defense was supposed to be the bright spot of this season, though...

Your D is having a lot of trouble with the Habs speed. They’ve been caught flat footed quite a bit.

And as I type that your D scores.

200ft EN goal Why not.

At least Price wasn't the goal scorer in that instance.

And it wasn't as bad as the goal that Luongo allowed that bounced off of the ref, into him, and then into the net.

Last edited:
On a brighter note, per Sara Civ on Twitter...

Per the Checkers, Vellucci pulled Nedeljkovic after the second period tonight in their 1-0 win because the Hurricanes called them and told them he's possibly playing in the NHL game vs. the Caps tomorrow night

Canes have become essentially unwatchable, same garbage as past years, dumpster fire/train wreck type of team the past few weeks. Don’t blame the market or the fans, the product sucks, the management sucks and frankly the whole operation is rotten to the core, even with a new owner. It’s Groundhog Day x 10!

I expect that the offense would be a hot mess with no less than 4rookies playing every night and the absence of a true #1 center and a top 6 winger. However, our defense was supposed to be the strength of this team. I am not seeing it— turnovers, gaffs and easy goals due to turnovers and losing your man. No real collapsing on the puck or taking away time and space. So, is this an artifact of a challenged forward group over compensating or a poorly coached group? What’s going on with the defense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw someone claiming all of our forwards combined tonight cost less than $20M in salary, so did the math to see if true.

Just over $18M for all 12 of them.

Got to pay to play, Tom.

EDIT: Yeah, I know we'll see some hefty raises in their ranks eventually. But not this season. There's room for improvement.

Raises? To whom? Who in this group is worth building around? Aho.....and who else? Ferland? That's about the entire list. That money is better spent going after real talent.

Aho and Teravainen need extensions. They're keepers.

Note that $8M of that current $18M are Williams ($4M) and Rask ($4M).

That means the remaining 10 forwards have a collective current salary of $10M, averaging $1M each. And that's with Teravainen's $2.86M averaged in there.

ELC's and the NHL side of a slew of two-way contracts we have up here at the moment.

Back