• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Devils 12/29 1:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
A matinee at The Rock.

Maybe a line shuffle for the Canes based on how they finished the Caps game. Hall is out for the Devils who will start rookie Mackenzie Blackwood in goal, he’s 1-1 with a 2.15/.939 stat line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rookie goalie...there is a shutout waiting to happen. We need a hero today, someone light the Svech signal please.

McElhinney in goal. Looks like the lines will be as they finished in Washington. That means McGinn with Aho and Teravainen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foegele or Staal for a breakaway?

Answer who cares it's not getting in the net either way. :banghead:

Just got home, turned on the TV and watched the Canes' PP at the end of the 2nd, which set a new low in execution and competence. Devils score on a short-handed breakaway off a crappy turnover with 2 seconds left in the PP. What a crock.

They said on my feed that the Canes have 22 straight pp without scoring. Is it really that bad?

I think we are cursed. We've had pretty good goaltending but our forwards or d-men can't score. I thought the interference was a close call that is often overlooked, but not against us. In the end, we can't expect to win games when we don't get serious about it until late in the 3rd period. We've now reached a point where a win is followed by several losses. It's really sad. And pathetic.

I watched about 5 or 6 minutes around the 10 minute mark of the third. This is not the same team that played so well in pre season. Inept seems to be a good word. They need to watch a tape of this game and see how the devils pressured them. The canes applied 0 pressure and backed up. No attack, no taking the game to them, out skated and beat to the puck. Same as the past generations of canes teams. Is Brindy the problem? Maybe he and his whole staff of coaches need to go.

And not one Canes fan is surprised.

Until the rich guy with the ball hat figures out that his entire hockey operations department is flawed and needs a drastic overhaul this team is dead in the water. Does anyone really believe that Don Waddell is going to fix this shit show???

Real shame that I had to spend all day finishing up family Christmas obligation ... ha. Suckers. I didn't watch a second of this thing and will never. You can't make me.

Back