• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019 Season Trade Thread

As long as there is no collusion, which obviously there isn't, I really don't see any issues. I don't get BNB's value system, but it's not any worse than some of the bad trades we've seen made in this league.

Nobody is wondering why you would make the trade. But on his end... Quantity over quality is bizarre. The "quantity" consisted of mostly free agent quality prospects.

Of course when you send offers for top players the counter offers will include some very good players going back.

So maybe I'm second-guessing the Judge deal, but I've been bottom of the league since I joined, and I attribute that to being committed to a roster that's constantly let me down. Judge has constantly been injured when I needed him most, and does me no good at the bottom of the leaderboards. I'm hoping that quantity will let me flip a bunch of dudes for draft picks and commit to a long rebuild. I feel the need for a major roster shake-up, I feel I've been looking at the same guys for too long. On that note, my entire roster is available for anyone shopping.

Nobody is wondering why you would make the trade. But on his end... Quantity over quality is bizarre. The "quantity" consisted of mostly free agent quality prospects.

Of course when you send offers for top players the counter offers will include some very good players going back.

I wouldn't say they are FA quality.
Here's my rational when I offered the trade.

Bobby Dalbec aka Bobby Dal-Bombs is Boston's #2 prospect, and on the rise. I've had him since I started in this league, he was one of the "throw-ins" when I got Scherzer from Montana.
Kyle Muller is having a pretty good season too, 3~ ERA in AA and could be a late season call up.
Sure not top 100, but I wouldn't call them FA quality.

Framber Faldez was in a battle for a starting rotation spot in Houston in ST. Ultimately he lost out, but now he's in the rotation and finally has a shot to prove himself.
I tossed in Plutko as well, because if you haven't checked Bears roster he has no pitching whatsoever... he's been starting a guy in the minors for weeks now. He needed some dept I thought.

Santander, not going to light to world on fire, but he's a starting OF right now and he needed to replace RF in his lineup.

You know about Turner and Didi, so I'll spare that part.

Hope all of this helps.

So maybe I'm second-guessing the Judge deal, but I've been bottom of the league since I joined, and I attribute that to being committed to a roster that's constantly let me down. Judge has constantly been injured when I needed him most, and does me no good at the bottom of the leaderboards. I'm hoping that quantity will let me flip a bunch of dudes for draft picks and commit to a long rebuild. I feel the need for a major roster shake-up, I feel I've been looking at the same guys for too long. On that note, my entire roster is available for anyone shopping.

My only advice, is to ask for more.....if you're trading a Gallo, Judge, Snell, Albies....ask for much much much more. I think the majority of owners would have been happy to trade you 2-3 times to quality you received.

Worth putting guys of that calibre on the trade block so you can get competing offers....and then have the cream of the crop to choose from. You'll do much much better for your squad long term.

Last edited:
I'm second-guessing the Judge deal, .

Shot you a PM with a quality dynasty rankings list, that recently updated....it's far from a be all/end all list, but I think it'd provide for a valuable barometer to maybe avoid these kinds of bad deals & help figure out fair value.

Judge was 17th for instance, but no one received in either the Judge/Gallo trades cracked the top 130.....decent sign they likely aren't good offers.

Not sure if you want us all to chime in or not since this was linked in the Fantrax chat room, but here's my two cents anyway...

Most of the comments so far are spot on. I've been in leagues with a trade veto based on manager votes or commissioner power, and they suck big time. We should all have the rights to our own value systems for players, for better or worse. So I'm happy this league allows us freedom that way.

The one exception is collusion, which is a league killer. I only know Stubby personally in this league, but I guess most of you guys know each other and if you say Bears and Penguins aren't good buddies in cahoots to split prize money, that's good enough for me to trust it.

Love Penguins' philosophy of offering many trades and hoping for the best to come of it. Trading's the best part of fantasy in my opinion. Good for anybody who takes the time to try to get a deal. Any of us could have tried those types of offers, but we didn't all bother.

Also some nice, helpful suggestions from others regarding player values and general trade strategies.

Easier for me to say since I'm not chasing down first place like Montana and Habs yet (totally see why these trades are frustrating for them), but if there's no proof of any wrongdoing I see no issues here.

I'm definitely not jealous or anything like that. It has nothing to do with what position Penguins is in. It's just that the deals are so bad. I'm in multiple leagues with these 2 guys and I don't believe there's collusion.

Basically, I didn't bring this up to shame or chastise anyone, I started this conversation more in hopes that we wouldn't be seeing Albies traded for a handful of depth prospects. Depth is great and all, but you need quality depth.

Bad News Bears (or anyone else for that matter) is more than welcome to run ideas past me if he likes. I guarantee Montana and a few others would be more than willing to help if he's interested. Me and like 3 or 4 other guys discuss possible trades all the time. There's no shame in asking people for another perspective.

Not sure if you want us all to chime in or not since this was linked in the Fantrax chat room, but here's my two cents anyway...

Most of the comments so far are spot on. I've been in leagues with a trade veto based on manager votes or commissioner power, and they suck big time. We should all have the rights to our own value systems for players, for better or worse. So I'm happy this league allows us freedom that way.

The one exception is collusion, which is a league killer. I only know Stubby personally in this league, but I guess most of you guys know each other and if you say Bears and Penguins aren't good buddies in cahoots to split prize money, that's good enough for me to trust it.

Love Penguins' philosophy of offering many trades and hoping for the best to come of it. Trading's the best part of fantasy in my opinion. Good for anybody who takes the time to try to get a deal. Any of us could have tried those types of offers, but we didn't all bother.

Also some nice, helpful suggestions from others regarding player values and general trade strategies.

Easier for me to say since I'm not chasing down first place like Montana and Habs yet (totally see why these trades are frustrating for them), but if there's no proof of any wrongdoing I see no issues here.

I can guarantee that I won't be splitting any prize money if I happen to win, LOL.
I've been playing fantasy sports for just over 10 years now, many 2nd place finishes, but never been a champ...
If the fantasy gods happen to smile on me this season, I'm going to relish 100% of it myself :lol

Everyone should always look to improve their team, whether it's in the short term for a title run or the long term for a rebuild.... and I can't really tell people how they should manage their team. However, ideally trades would always benefit your team but also benefit the other team.

That said, we all value players differently and what looks bad to one person might look good to someone else. I've made my share of bad offers too... but in my mind at the time they seemed mutually beneficial.

I've definitely encountered some people that look to scratch and claw to get the absolute most for the absolute least possible... and I get that they feel that's their duty, but it's just shitty for the league. It's a good way to continue to have high turnover.

"we all value players differently and what looks bad to one person might look good to someone else. I've made my share of bad offers too... but in my mind at the time they seemed mutually beneficial."

Same here! I've made many mistakes on my trades but always feel at the time they'll be good for me for one reason or another. LOL

"we all value players differently and what looks bad to one person might look good to someone else. I've made my share of bad offers too... but in my mind at the time they seemed mutually beneficial."

Same here! I've made many mistakes on my trades but always feel at the time they'll be good for me for one reason or another. LOL

Well the trade you made today was certainly good for you. The 17-18th overall pick this year for a 1st-2nd overall in two years.

Too bad it's another huge hit to Bears' team. Hopefully he sticks around cause it'll be a hard team to find a taker for with not much for players and no 1st rounders to reap the benefits of being last place.

Back