• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019 Season Trade Thread

Deckie007

From Deckie

Myers, Wil 3B,LF - SD
Kemp, Matt LF,RF - CIN
2019 Draft Pick, Round 2 (Deckie)

From Tully

Renfroe, Hunter LF,RF - SD
Fry, Jace RP - CHW
2019 Draft Pick, Round 1 (Action Jackson)

From Deckie

Hicks, Aaron CF - NYY
2019 Draft Pick, Round 4 (Habspatrol)

From Habspatrol
Abreu, José 1B - CHW
2019 Draft Pick, Round 3 (Habspatrol)

From AAFMP
Pedroia, Dustin 2B - BOS
Cameron, Daz CF - DET

From UW
Muncy, Max 1B,3B - LAD
2019 Draft Pick, Round 4 (UW)

Axl Trades:

Ryan Braun

ljBD3KP.jpg

2020 1st Round Pick (Axl)
2022 1st Round Pick (Axl)

8xrndjB.jpg

Iceman Trades:

Steven Matz

6PiW288.jpg

2019 1st Round Pick (Montana)
2021 4th Round Pick (Iceman)
2022 4th Round Pick (Iceman)

iJG99UK.jpg

Couple of trades to report:

Deckie trades:

2020 1st Round Pick (Matrim)
Kristian Robinson
Luis Urias
Reynoldo Lopez

to Bull for

Jameson Taillon
Tony Gonsolin
Thomas Szapucki
2019 4th - Pick 15

--

Deckie trades:

Josh James
2020 2nd (Deckie)

to Bull for:

Wilson Contreras

What's up with these trades between Penguins and Bears?

I admit that I'm not the most knowledgeable guy when it comes to prospects... but I tend to know the ones that are worth an Aaron Judge. This Judge trade looks bizarre to me. You have a rebuilding team trading a young beast for Didi who's a 29 year old good(ish) SS. Turner is 34 and seems to be done(ish.) Then a bunch of waiver wire type guys.

The value isn't even close to reasonable... and the fact that it's the rebuilding team trading for the older players makes it even stranger.

And I think that trade was "better" then the Gallo trade at the beginning of the season. Another case of a bunch of waiver wire fodder for a good/great player.

These are the types of trades that lead to teams like Bad News Bears leaving in the off season cause they've traded away their top assets with nothing to show for it. I don't want to accuse anyone of collusion... but man... these trades are really, really bad imo.

Maybe someone could correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see a single good prospect between the 2 trades.

Last edited:
I've played in fantasy leagues for nearly 20 years, and those would rank as the #1 & 2 more curious trades I've seen. I have a hard time finding an angle where either of them made any sense.

Gallo (25yo) was the 6th overall hitter at the time of the deal, ~tied with Arenado & Trout. Had a FPPG of 2.82.......Christian Walker (28), best player in the deal going back was 1.92, and 75th amongst hitters in points.

The other has a 34 year old 3B Justin Turner coming back as one of the better pieces....when Hunter Dozier, & Miguel Andujar are already owned as younger/better pieces.

Just two very odd deals.....would be interested in hearing the rationale behind them.

Bad News Bears is also like 5 players too many on his roster now, so is gonna have to cut a bunch of guys this week.

Jumping into a conversation I know little to nothing about but seems like his name kinda gives it away.

I've played in fantasy leagues for nearly 20 years, and those would rank as the #1 & 2 more curious trades I've seen. I have a hard time finding an angle where either of them made any sense.

Gallo (25yo) was the 6th overall hitter at the time of the deal, ~tied with Arenado & Trout. Had a FPPG of 2.82.......Christian Walker (28), best player in the deal going back was 1.92, and 75th amongst hitters in points.

The other has a 34 year old 3B Justin Turner coming back as one of the better pieces....when Hunter Dozier, & Miguel Andujar are already owned as younger/better pieces.

Just two very odd deals.....would be interested in hearing the rationale behind them.

Can we get the rationale at least?

I guess neither of them check this board.

I'd say I send out about 5 trade offers every day, as I'm sure most people in the league can attest to LOL.
I sent out an offer, and it was accepted. I guess it's quantity over quality? Maybe he plans to try to flip Didi, Turner, etc. for picks?

Nobody else seems to want to trade with me. Most teams counter asking for my best players back, which I can't do, I'm just trying to fend of Montana from winning again.
If 1 team continues to win year after year then I'll probably consider leaving too, because what would be the point? Everyone trades all their good young players to him anyway so I'm sure he'll be on top for many years to come.
I'm not here to play "Gotta Catch em all" with prospects LOL. I'm here to win a championship. I'd do a 1 for 20 player trade if it helps me accomplish that goal.
I'm doing anything possible to get the best 19 players that I can.

Back