• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Ron Francis Has A New (Non-Hockey) Gig

Interesting. One of Stroud's minions mumbled something to me about Francis at the Justin Timberlake show on Sunday but I wasn't exactly sure what he was talking about and he was pretty bombed so I was avoiding asking a followup question. Hey. I'm no reporter and that guy's annoying even when he's sober.

This kinds of cements some of the rumors I heard in the business community that Ronnie wasn't really hunting for another job in hockey. Of course, PLENTY of people park themselves in real estate while they wait for something else to come along. It's the ultimate in a connections driven business in this market ... most markets, honestly. Name recognition goes a long way among the pinhooker set.

As he notes in the article: "I could probably have stayed in the game, but I probably would have had to move.”

This career move allows him to stay in the area he (and his family) adopted.

And, yes, name recognition galore. Who would not want to take a meeting with Ron Frickin' Francis?

I sucked it up and did Bruno Mars as an act of kindness-- good relationships have a bit of give and take...

At least I got a good price on the tickets thanks to Mr Dundon. Thanks, Mr Dundon*

*You'll note that I've been accused of hating on the owner, but I'm willing to give him credit when it's due.

Looks like Ronnie has another, albeit temporary, hockey gig. Dreger tweeted that it looks like the 3 headed monster of Francis, Ron Hextall and Jason Botterill are the management team for Team Canada in the World Championsips.

Looks like Ronnie has another, albeit temporary, hockey gig. Dreger tweeted that it looks like the 3 headed monster of Francis, Ron Hextall and Jason Botterill are the management team for Team Canada in the World Championsips.

FWIW, Francis still has a few licensing hurdles to clear before he's really full steam ahead on the Real Estate career. As I guessed, Carolintic has been using him as an all purpose glad-hander while he gets his bonafides together, so it's not that big a deal if he nips out to do some hockey stuff every so often. It's all about profile.

Back