• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The zeke's not home GDT

Scott Wheeler
‏Verified account @scottcwheeler
1d1 day ago

Garret Sparks’ save percentage rises from .905 to .907. He’s playing at a .919 save percentage excluding those first three starts (Ie. His last eight games, since November 16).

Still looks terrible doing it. Guy ducks his head on almost half of the shots. Never seen anything like it.

Zeke's hit list, when in doubt blame:

1) Freddy
2) Hyman
3) Tavares
4) Anybody else but Matthews, Nylander, or other young skilled players

Some real doozies in this thread. "Tavares leaving made the Isles better!" :smilielol5:

Zeke's hit list, when in doubt blame:

1) Freddy
2) Hyman
3) Tavares
4) Anybody else but Matthews, Nylander, or other young skilled players

Some real doozies in this thread. "Tavares leaving made the Isles better!" :smilielol5:

so far the Isle have been a better team without Tavares.

the causation issue is a separate one, and one that has to be explored before drawing any conclusions, but you can't just dismiss the standings when they don't agree with your narratives

so far the Isle have been a better team without Tavares.

the causation issue is a separate one, and one that has to be explored before drawing any conclusions, but you can't just dismiss the standings when they don't agree with your narratives

The Islanders went from being one of the worst defensive teams to one of the best, and I think that's all coaching. Washington made a huge mistake letting Barry walk, and the NYI are reaping the benefits.

The Islanders went from being one of the worst defensive teams to one of the best, and I think that's all coaching. Washington made a huge mistake letting Barry walk, and the NYI are reaping the benefits.

Lehner has also been on an absolute rampage recently too. Won 11 of 12 or something loony.

Trotz is clearly a helluva coach though.

Lots of factors in play.

They have a crazy 111 PDO during that 15-3 run

Lehner is playing lights out and they have a few guys shooting 10+% above their avg shooting percentage

I think they have improved but they are no where near as good as they appear

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I think Tavares would also be benefiting from an organization that has made a 180 degree turnaround since hiring an actual NHL GM and coach, and figuring out their goaltending.

Tavares leaving did not make the Isles a better team.

sober Lehner could be. I won't be surprised if he finishes the season .920+
Just as significant as the fact that he's sober is that he's now being treated for what was previously undiagnosed bipolar disorder. So yeah, that's a pretty big game-changer. And it's not like his play now is coming out of nowhere.

He was once a very high-end goalie prospect, but the knock on him always was just that he's a "headcase". The fact that he was undiagnosed bipolar who was self-medicating with alcohol does certainly go a long way towards explaining that.

Just as significant as the fact that he's sober is that he's now being treated for what was previously undiagnosed bipolar disorder. So yeah, that's a pretty big game-changer. And it's not like his play now is coming out of nowhere.

He was once a very high-end goalie prospect, but the knock on him always was just that he's a "headcase". The fact that he was undiagnosed bipolar who was self-medicating with alcohol does certainly go a long way towards explaining that.

It's amazing the things that people in hockey (and society in general) used to be blamed for that were seen as character flaws, which in reality were treatable mental illnesses.

the best part is that you know inside his head that Babcock still considers the Hyman line to be the first line.

Back