• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

What is Everyone Doing...

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
Until the Canes come back on Friday?

I’m catching up on shows on the DVR and maybe finally getting to Ozark Season 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm catching up on things delayed or put off because of having spent so much of the last four months dealing with the damages left in the wake of Hurricane Florence at our coast house. And getting ready for the new house we hope to be in in another month or so.

And preparing, along with a cousin, to lead a genealogical trip to England in May. And to meet a bunch of "new" cousins recently "discovered" there in Lancashire.

Last edited:
I'm headed back to the PNC on Tuesday for the State/Virginia game. This time of year, I never really get much of a break from the arena. By ACC Tournament time I'm pretty sick of the place. Especially if the Canes aren't bothering to make it worth my while.

We tend to try and get in all the big Oscar nominated movies-- best movie, best director, best actress/actor, best supporting actress/actor.

* potentially eating dinner at the dining room table instead of 'in front of the game'

* only tearing my hair out over my kids, job, and house, not the Canes

* binge watching old Storm Surge celebration videos

* re-connecting with nature (checks the forecast temps this week) NEVERMIND!

Not much changes for me, the Canes are squeezed into an already full schedule, my schedule will just be less full for a few days. Probably an extra hour or 2 to start pulling my taxes together and maybe catch up a few DVRed shows. I will also be watching the rest of the league and the rumor mill. Boston, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and Columbus all play twice before Friday.

Searching for a new job. At the current rate of success I will still be looking after the trade deadline, after my birthday, and at the end of the season as well.

Searching for a new job. At the current rate of success I will still be looking after the trade deadline, after my birthday, and at the end of the season as well.

Good luck. It took me the better part of 4 months to find a job over the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, best of luck Punzil. I'm working on a couple of retirement gigs now, but I don't envy anybody in the current job market.

sitting in a hotel room in Barcelona wishing the heck I was at the Metallica concert tonight. had gotten one of those STH early ticket offers sitting in that champions box and somebody decided to screw up my plans and keep one of my bucket list items still unfulfilled. Oh well, at least my buddy is appreciating the ticket. :facepalm

sitting in a hotel room in Barcelona wishing the heck I was at the Metallica concert tonight. had gotten one of those STH early ticket offers sitting in that champions box and somebody decided to screw up my plans and keep one of my bucket list items still unfulfilled. Oh well, at least my buddy is appreciating the ticket. :facepalm

There are worse places in the world to be stuck than Barcelona.

At $131 to stand on the floor, F em! I think 4 of us saw them open for ozzy in 1986 for half that. Just insane cost for a show these days.

At $131 to stand on the floor, F em! I think 4 of us saw them open for ozzy in 1986 for half that. Just insane cost for a show these days.

Tell me about it. I'm still a little sore in the wallet for the Justin Timberlake tix I gave my wife for her birthday. Believe you me ... that was NOT a cheap present.

More and more these days, your best bet for concerts is smaller festivals and the more regional acts who work big bars and small theaters. As much fun as a big international headliner's stage show might be, I always have as much fun at a show at Carolina Theater or Lincoln Theater ... or Hopscotch Festival. And acts grow up on me and move on, which is fine. I've seen Jason Isbell a bunch, so now that he's moved into the expensive ticket venues I can go see somebody else. And then when he's old, he'll slink back down to the kinds of venues and festivals I'm willing to shell out for.

Tell me about it. I'm still a little sore in the wallet for the Justin Timberlake tix I gave my wife for her birthday. Believe you me ... that was NOT a cheap present.

More and more these days, your best bet for concerts is smaller festivals and the more regional acts who work big bars and small theaters. As much fun as a big international headliner's stage show might be, I always have as much fun at a show at Carolina Theater or Lincoln Theater ... or Hopscotch Festival. And acts grow up on me and move on, which is fine. I've seen Jason Isbell a bunch, so now that he's moved into the expensive ticket venues I can go see somebody else. And then when he's old, he'll slink back down to the kinds of venues and festivals I'm willing to shell out for.

Always try to make the COC show when they are in town. They're at the Lincoln on 2/22, but I'm taking my 'little' girl to W-S for SoA interview that day.

The Haw River Ball Room in Saxapahaw is a fun venue, with some lively acts passing through. Looking forward to The Infamous Stringdusters coming there in March. My wife & I caught Greensky Bluegrass at the Ritz last Saturday and Delbert McClinton at Rhythms Live Music Hall, a new venue in Durham, the weekend before that.

I'm busy editing just shy of 900 underwater pictures I shot on a holiday dive trip to Ambon, Indonesia. I get carried away behind the viewfinder & it makes tons of work once we get home. We did manage to have a Discovery Channel moment on our second day of diving, when a school of 40-50, seven to 8 foot long hammerheads swam by us within 20 feet. It was spec-freakin-tacular.

Jim

Back