• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Flames 2/3 2:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
Something to do before the game in Atlanta?

The Canes win on Friday pushed their record since 12/31 to 10-3-1. The OT loss was to the Flames, 3-2. That is also part of a common theme...the Canes have scored at least 3 in all 10 wins during the streak. Peters always said it was a race to 3, right?

The OT win over the Canes was the Flames last game before the All Star Game and their bye week. They returned on Friday too, losing at Washington 4-3. They’re still 8-1-1 in their last 10 and Lindholm has an 11 game point streak.

Fox Sports Southeast for TV. ETA: I think Jason Shaya from the Cherkers is calling the game today. The Mighty Forslund just tweeted out a picture from Washington, he’s calling Caps/Bruins at 12:30.

Last edited:
The Flames doing a lot of cheap bullshit early on in the game. Not surprising though, Bill Peters was never a specially classy guy to begin with.

The refs are effing horrible. Doesn't help that the Canes are getting bullied and not fighting back.

This might be the 2nd game I've ever walked out of early.

We had a chance...
Refs said
Hurricanes Tap Penalty
Calgary hit smack Thud Tackle ..........

That loss left a sour taste in my mouth considering the reffing was some of the worst I have seen in a long time. And I am by the way usually watching swedish tier 4 hockey.

F*** Lindholm...Elias, you're dead to me now.

And good on Tripp for calling him out for the classless move.

I was walking out of the arena right after the buzzer and didn't see Lindholm's antic. What did he do?

Couldn't believe the reffing - goalie interference apparently depends on which goalie gets touched (or in the case of us, kidnapped and taken out of the crease).

But, bottom line, we gave the Flames too many open chances. Mrazek kept us in the game with some stellar saves.

I was walking out of the arena right after the buzzer and didn't see Lindholm's antic. What did he do?

Couldn't believe the reffing - goalie interference apparently depends on which goalie gets touched (or in the case of us, kidnapped and taken out of the crease).

But, bottom line, we gave the Flames too many open chances. Mrazek kept us in the game with some stellar saves.

Slow clap...

I walked out as soon as they said "good goal" in the blatant goalie interference. I won't be going back on my own dime anytime soon. Those refs should be fired.

And **** Lindholm. I hope he breaks both legs and misses the next two seasons.

Last edited:
hey, they booed him. all other stuff aside, he played as hard as he could when he was here. At least as hard as Skinner, who got a hero's welcome when he came back.

hey, they booed him. all other stuff aside, he played as hard as he could when he was here. At least as hard as Skinner, who got a hero's welcome when he came back.

Lindy should have shown that kind of passion when he was here, he plays with better players now hence the numbers are better. It was a classless move today by Lindholm and NHL hockey players for the most part are as classy as any athletes in all of sports. No surprise he did it knowing they don’t play each other again this year.

Last edited:
Lindholm is just immature.

Every former Canes scored today.

Officiating was dreadful— but so are our special teams.

Matt Tkchuk is a punk, but I wish we had someone that physical and annoying.

That was my 1st game in a while. A few things I noticed:

1) projection system is nice.
2) some people just don't have voices cut out for a P.A. system. I couldn't make out one word the girl said.
3) The "c'mon Canes" chant is stupid. Really stupid. It's embarrassing.
4) The "Cheaters never win" thing when a player goes to the box, see comment #3. They proved yesterday, that they do. Twice.
5) The tunnel really keeps things moving across Trinity. Good idea.

I agree with your assessment of Shrill Jill-- she is absolutely grating! I suspect the person (male!) who selected her based it solely on her appearance and not her skill set.

I'm all for morefan interaction, chants, etc. But the two primary ones I heard yesterday need to go back to the drawing board. Although I find the non-stop chants the Preds fan do, to be ultra chessy and silly.

The "ref you suck" was much more appropriate. And probably should have lasted for 20+ minutes.

Back