• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Stats and eyetests are so outdated

What is the ultimate? Telemetry. I was fortunate enough to make a lot of money on a telemetry company, but guess what? Its never going to be allowed. Betting companies would lose a lot of their profits.

CV% Corsi? Total garbage.

Put a heart rate monitor on every player, let you see all the diagnostic, and Zeke would be in orgasm heaven.

Stop with all these shitty stats.

Get heart rate monitor diagnostic for the coaches AND the fans. And I would bet a lot more

Matthews has shitty lungs. I don't need the telemetry to see that .

But hey, Dubas signed, him for large.

Nylander put on huge huge weight, Dubas signed him for large.

I gotta say signing these young turks who haven't even won a free burger at Mcdonalds to huge contracts is Schenn dumb.

No telemetry, in 2019? No telemetry? Hahahahahahahahahah

Corsi this, those stats are jokes.

Gimme the heart rate of every player on the bench and I can tell who will 80% of the games.

CV% Corsi, good god guys. So ****ing boring, or you talk about contracts. Both are boring as hell.

Last edited:
I get so excited when I measure my heart rate I have to calibrate it for the joy factor.

What is the ultimate? Telemetry. I was fortunate enough to make a lot of money on a telemetry company, but guess what? Its never going to be allowed. Betting companies would lose a lot of their profits.

CV% Corsi? Total garbage.

Put a heart rate monitor on every player, let you see all the diagnostic, and Zeke would be in orgasm heaven.

Stop with all these shitty stats.

Get heart rate monitor diagnostic for the coaches AND the fans. And I would bet a lot more

Matthews has shitty lungs. I don't need the telemetry to see that .

But hey, Dubas signed, him for large.

Nylander put on huge huge weight, Dubas signed him for large.

I gotta say signing these young turks who haven't even won a free burger at Mcdonalds to huge contracts is Schenn dumb.

No telemetry, in 2019? No telemetry? Hahahahahahahahahah

Corsi this, those stats are jokes.

Gimme the heart rate of every player on the bench and I can tell who will 80% of the games.

CV% Corsi, good god guys. So ****ing boring, or you talk about contracts. Both are boring as hell.

The worst part here is that Teeds is unaware that the Leafs do utilize an in house telemetry system for developing their own performance metrics and Sports Science measurements.

The other worst part is that heart rate is a stupid way to measure anything performance related. Work rate can be measured in all sorts of ways, but it should always, always be measured in relation to the location and direction the puck is traveling. How hard you're pumping your legs to get into the right spot is immaterial, I'd actually much prefer someone who doesn't have to work hard to get to the right places on the ice.

A bit under the radar, but the NHL started testing their player and puck tracking system last month. We're probably only a year or two away from a pretty significant boom in publicly available raw player tracking data. I agree that what we use now are fairly imprecise tool (though miles better than any other method of analysis available prior)

The other other worst part is that telemetry is just a tracking method, that generates data for...you guessed it, statistics.

Stats are not outdated, only the methods used to gather the data that go into them.

Last edited:
Back