• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game 62 - Toronto Maple Leafs @ Montreal Canadiens - SAT FEB 23RD 7:00 EST

Re: Game 56 - Toronto Maple Leafs @ Montreal Canadiens - SAT FEB 9TH 7:00 EST

Too bad Lehkonen has such limited finesse to complimet JK...Armia does the dirty work to perfection but you gotta give Jk a skilled player

He and Armia can’t score on an ocean . Too bad KK is saddled with these 2 .

The fourth line lost the game for the Habs. I’m not overly concerned with losing in the gimmick OT. There is no 3 on 3 in the playoffs. The boys skated with the Leafs, it would make a great series.
Coach agrees..

But the fact is the puck was in the Canadiens zone, as it was seemingly every time that line was on the ice, and Julien has clearly identified this line as a problem area he would like to see addressed before the Feb. 25 trade deadline.

It is a problem that essentially cost him a win. The Canadiens’ top-9 forwards did their jobs, maintaining a territorial edge, generating chances and, for the most part, bottling up the best Leafs forwards by forcing them to play without the puck.

The fourth line was completely and utterly owned.

“As a fourth line, you can’t be on the ice for a goal against and tonight they were on the ice for two and that hurt us,” Julien said. “It’s not to point the finger at them, as I always say it’s all five guys on the ice. I think there were others who could have helped on those two goals.”

Moments later, however, Julien said this: “Their fourth line was better than ours, we can’t hide from that.”

Game 56 - Toronto Maple Leafs @ Montreal Canadiens - SAT FEB 9TH 7:00 EST

Wasn’t overly impressed by this Leafs team, Habs have no one the caliber of Tavares, Mathews,?Marner or Reilly, yet were probably the better team 5-on-5....again.

Game 56 - Toronto Maple Leafs @ Montreal Canadiens - SAT FEB 9TH 7:00 EST

This one is on Julien. PP with Arnia to start the OT? Then follow it up with Danault and Lehkonen? Come on now.

Julien doesn’t want to accept 3-on-3 OT has no correlation to regulation time just completed. He defaults to playing not to lose to opposing top guns vs trying to win with his top guns

Julien doesn’t want to accept 3-on-3 OT has no correlation to regulation time just completed. He defaults to playing not to lose to opposing top guns vs trying to win with his top guns

Yup, weird to put on Lehkonen who is probably the least offensize threat on the first three lines to try and win.

The way he is playing 3 on 3 is not a game for him at the moment and he was a disaster early in the year 3 on 3.

The other weird one is not seeing your 22 goal guy on the ice to start the OT PP.

I think its fair to say Muller is still sorta guiding ths PP...nefore the OT and on the timeout in the OT he was gicing instructions with his board.

PP is a joke and Leafs have more high end talent than us.

P.S. Bergevin was right to want to draft Morgan Reilly over Galchenyuk in 2012. Too bad he didn’t overrule Biceps on that one, like he might have on KK (sheer speculation on my part).

Last edited:

Yes, quite the mess on the power play and talent wins out. We only have Drouin who has that kind of skill right now (KK may come). For all his detractors, watching Droiun's talent level is a welcome change from the usual plodding which eventually made the games unwatchable for me. Tatar, Armia(in his limited way) were good. Weber appeared shakey and more stuck in cement than usual. No one else had a notable game.

The power play lost this game

I disagree. The PP didn't win the game. The fourth line lost the game. There's a subtle difference.

It’s fun to see how the leafs keep saying the only reason this was a close game was because their team under performed. I’d rather say Danault did a great job nullifying their top line. On paper, they should be a better team then us, but we were better at 5 on 5 and while the PP is a big concern, we know how the refs stop calling a lot of calls in the playoff. I wouldn’t right us off if we were to play them in the playoff.

I really like what Julien is getting out of Danault. Very impressive play by Phil lately.

You're not including our intrasquad games then?

Sofffffffff

This one is on Julien. PP with Arnia to start the OT? Then follow it up with Danault and Lehkonen? Come on now.

Yeah. That was retarded.

Wasn’t overly impressed by this Leafs team, Habs have no one the caliber of Tavares, Mathews,?Marner or Reilly, yet were probably the better team 5-on-5....again.

They're obviously the more skilled team, but speed/quickness is a great equalizer.

I think we'd match up fairly well in a playoff series.

I’m not quite as sanguine as you guys. If the Leafs have a reliable goalie, they win in regulation.

Maybe Dutch Gretzky helps the 4th line. D needs an upgrade.

Last edited:

Bad goals are part of the game. The Habs have let in their fair share of them.

I've now watched that game twice, the Leafs didn't outplay the Habs. The fourth lines determined the outcome.

I’m not quite as sanguine as you guys. If the Leafs have a reliable goalie, they win in regulation.

Maybe Dutch Gretzky helps the 4th line. D needs an upgrade.

And if we had a reliable PP we’d win in regulation....in today’s NHL, it’s hard to have a complete team....maybe Preds-Tampa have, but that’s about it

Leafs don’t have a Carey Price, but they still have a pretty decent goalie...we just happen to have enough speed throughout the lineup to skate with them, and in playoffs a lucky bounce here and there can elimta top team.

It’s been years now that experts say Tampa should have won the Cup.....how long did it take a truly complete team like Caps to win the Cup ?

I don’t buy the goalie excuse....because i could just as well say that if we had a reliable 4th line the Leafs don’t score most of their goals

Andersen made many great saves. Price wasn't especially sharp either.

Back