• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Ottawa 2/12 7:30

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The season long roadie ends in Ottawa.

Despite a desultory loss to the Devils, the Canes can come home with 8 of 10 points from the trip. They can also gain some measure of revenge, after Ottawa won at PNC, 4-1 on January 18, one of only 3 regulation losses in January. The team practiced for the first time since leaving on the trip esterday. Micheal Ferland sat it out as a maintenance day. Patrick Brown was recalled as a precaution; with 12-15 inches of snow and 35 mph winds in the forecast, there was no guarantee they,could get someone to Ottawa in time. Maybe don’t cheap out and bring an extra on the trip next time?

Ottawa is DFL in the league, with 47 points in 55 games. Despite that, they’re 14-11-4 at home and have won 2 in a row, beating the dreadful Ducks and high flying Jets by a combined 9-2. Scoring isn’t the problem; the Sens average 3.13 goals per game, 11th in the league. Mark Stone and Matt Duchene lead with 25. Ryan Dzingel has 21 and 4 others have at least 11. Anders Nilsson has played the last 2 in goal. He’s been very good since arriving in Ottawa with a 2.21 GAA and .937 Save % in 10 games. The Sens are 12th on the PP at 21.2, 25th on the PK at 77.5%.

Fox Sports Carolinas for TV.

This whole thing with taking the season's longest road trip without a spare forward is sticking in my craw for some reason. It's not just cheap, it's DUMB.

Here's the thing with Ottawa ... you have to score. They will fold, but only if you fold them. We saw that pretty plainly in the PNC when the Canes showed up lazy and entitled and never got any traction against the Sens. Simply because Ottawa can score the puck, that's never going to work. You have to go get yours, because as bad as that team is, they aren't handing you anything.

So the correct answer is take it to them, crush them and walk out with the win? I like that plan simple and effective.

Make it so!.

Yeah ... score first, don't waste PP opportunities, don't let them get a lead ... all those good things. And given how the last couple of games have gone (and I hate to sound like Tripp here), I think getting the forecheck game going early is a big deal in this one.

This whole thing with taking the season's longest road trip without a spare forward is sticking in my craw for some reason. It's not just cheap, it's DUMB.

Here's the thing with Ottawa ... you have to score. They will fold, but only if you fold them. We saw that pretty plainly in the PNC when the Canes showed up lazy and entitled and never got any traction against the Sens. Simply because Ottawa can score the puck, that's never going to work. You have to go get yours, because as bad as that team is, they aren't handing you anything.

Ottawa has one line with Duchene and Ryan that has been good, after that they have next to nothing offensively. The Canes need to start on time and play nothing like that dreadful first period in New Jersey. It's a must win with a chance to go 4-1 on this roadie...just get the job done!

Ottawa scores first... this one may already be over.

Two penalties... the first had no Ottawa SOG, let's see how they handle the second.

Last edited:
This looks like a replay of the Devils game.

But the 2nd goal is chalked off. Still 1-0.

Well Back came the Charmin Canes not the Gritty ones..

Sens just want this game more. Jeffbear said to get up on them... they got up in our house... and we played passively and took it...

Only player that really seems to want it tonight is Svech... and he's with Tweedledee and Tweedledum.

And Wallmark is making great chances about as threatening as a Care bear...

Last edited:
Brind'amour is foolishly married to keeping Faulk on the power play unit, even though he's failed miserably for the entire season. I'm losing patience with this guy. Grow a pair, try something else!

Huh. The second goal was overturned due to being kicked in? Looks like the only thing I really missed by going outside...

These last 2 games remind me of the Rangers Sens games.. Other then both of those games had No redeeming things the devils after 1 wasn't horrid.

He’s changed the lines twice tonight but won’t change the putrid power play. I don’t get it.

Tripp was saying how Brindy hates mixing up lines. But, when he does, it gets results. Imagine Imagine if he changed the PP?

Back