• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game 59 - Montreal Canadiens @ Florida Panthers - SUN FEB 17TH 7:00 EST

Mete is also getting exposed, the kid isnt ready to play against teams other best players.

- Leafs game Shaw coughs up the puck in the neutral zone...goal.

- Preds game Benn for some unknown reason tries to lead a rush and coughs up the puck...Nash takes the lead with the game winner

- Last night Danault with a terrible hooking penalty, Kucherov scores & puts too much of a burden on this team against a much stronger foe.

- Tonight Benn coughs it up again, and it demoralized the team, first time I’ve seen that “going through the motions” reaction this season for the last 9-min.

On top,of that Drouin has been the direct cause of game changing goals on the Nashville and TB game also.

Just over a week ago, Drouin picked up 9 points in 3 games. Painfully bad since. What a waste of skill.

Just over a week ago, Drouin picked up 9 points in 3 games. Painfully bad since. What a waste of skill.

Compare him to Domi. Comparable skill level, Domi is a completely different animal, intensity level and IQ. I’d take Max over Drouin without blinking. Therefore we need to replace Drouin with another Max.

You’re seriously going to try and lay that shit show on the 4th line?

The Habs hit a wall. They had nothing in the third.

You’re seriously going to try and lay that shit show on the 4th line?

The Habs hit a wall. They had nothing in the third.

I just laugh when people said bringing in weise was "fixing" the 4th line.

The guy doesn't belong in the NHL, he isn't going to fix shit.

Let's see how long Julien runs with this.

I’m hoping this short road trip cemented the need to flip Benn by the deadline for a pick/prospect - if there was any doubt in the GMs mind

As long as Nero doesn’t turn stupid flipping quality picks or prospects for bandaid playoff fixes

A hard working,less skilled player replacing Drouin is not the answer. And that is likely the alternative.That's just a different kind of frustration, one we are all familiar with. I'll take Drouin regardless just for entertainment value.

I just laugh when people said bringing in weise was "fixing" the 4th line.

The guy doesn't belong in the NHL, he isn't going to fix shit.

Let's see how long Julien runs with this.
Did the 4th line get scored on in their usual 10-TOI? No...so yes that’s the expected fix.

The coach said very clearly that’s his expectation of the 4th line - play avg 10-TOI and end the game without being scored on.

Odds are slim they unload the local Frenchie and face the media backlash .

I don't think MB has any issues trading away players that are popular, French etc...

The thing you gotta ask yourself with Drouin is will he address the issues that cause him to make dumb plays, will he address his compete level?

He's only 23 so he's still young.

If this management group and coaching staff feel that he can address those issues with coaching and maturity as time goes on they most likely work with him beacuse his talent is just too high.

Did the 4th line get scored on in their usual 10-TOI? No...so yes that’s the expected fix.

The coach said very clearly that’s his expectation of the 4th line - play avg 10-TOI and end the game without being scored on.

Nate Thompson was pretty decent in the games he's played so far, he's actually made a couple of nice plays to set up some scoring chances.

But he's come as adverstised, good PK guy, good on draws and good down low.

It’s bad enough that 92 isn’t putting up points but his turnovers in the neutral zone the last few games have been terrible.

Shea Weber has been a stiff during our losing streak. Not surprising given his long layoff. The early shot of comeback adrenalin has worn off. Hopefully, he gets his mojo back.

Back