• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Trade Deadline 2019

I'll blow your mind away and say if an extension is in place that Drouin would be offered up straight up
IMO it’ll be a 1st with one of the Habs RDman prospects - Juulsen, Brook, Fleury

I don’t think Sens will net what many are expecting in return for Duchene...even if signed.

Darren Dreger:
Talks have progressed on an Alex Edler extension with the Vancouver Canucks. Not done yet, but heading in that direction which should kill all trade speculation.

Yeah looks like Duchene might be going to CBJ.

Vitaly Abramov and Jonathan Davidsson would be part of the package going back to Ottawa.

Never heard of those guys. It’s likely Duchene didn’t agree to an extension.

Columbus loading up isn’t good for us.

Elliotte Friedman:
Although no extension at this time, OTT expected to get an additional pick if Duchene does indeed sign with the Blue Jackets.

Darren Dreger:
No sense waiting around...plan is for Duchene to be in the Blue Jackets lineup tonight.

^ And who do they play? Oh yeah, Ottawa.

Not going to lie I have no clue who those guys are. What would have been our equivalent to get Duchene? I realize maybe a little more within division.

The Blue Jackets have acquired Matt Duchene and Julius Bergman from the Senators for a 2019 first-round pick, Vitaly Abramov and Jonathan Davidsson.

Ottawa also gets a 2020 first-round pick if Duchene signs with CBJ.

Last edited:
Wonder if Jackets could still trade Panarin for a real healthy return and sign Duchene long term instead? Not the same type of players but could be a quick retool.

The Blue Jackets have acquired Matt Duchene and Julius Bergman from the Senators for a 2019 first-round pick, Vitaly Abramov and Jonathan Davidsson.

Ottawa also gets a 2020 first-round pick if Duchene signs with CBJ.

This makes it seem like a rental. I doubt Columbus gives up that second first rounder.

It's more or less Duchene for Vitaly Abramov & a 1st. Bergman is a future Euroleaguer and Davidsson's a longshot to make it.

Abramov isn't a top-end prospect, but he's an B+ / A- ish prospect. He played three seasons in Gatineau and I'd be willing to bet the Ottawa amateur scouts have a good handle on him.

I do not understand what CBJ are doing. They're not a piece away from winning and they're going to let Panarin & Bobrovsky walk for nothing at the end of the year. And if they don't manage to sign Duchene? They might not even make the playoffs.

Wheel spinning 101. Way to go, Ottawa.

Yeah i guess a playoff round is a big deal to Columbus.

But this may put a little pressure on MB to do something or more than he wanted maybe.

I do not understand what CBJ are doing. They're not a piece away from winning and they're going to let Panarin & Bobrovsky walk for nothing at the end of the year. And if they don't manage to sign Duchene? They might not even make the playoffs.
That market needs the team showing fans commitment to try and win - as LeBrun said a few days ago it’s an anonymous feeling amongst GMs and ownership in the league if a teams in a position for the playoffs you go for it...

Rebuilding while in playoff contention is for non-business mentality ass*oles.

Back