• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Playoff Schedule

Yeah ... I think the East sHOULD be on track for Thursday, but they cant possibly do that if they don't give the teams 24 hours to make travel plans. Not even the NHL is that stupid. If they wait until tomorrow night, then they risk starting our series on Saturday for no good reason.

Our friend Brian LeBlanc has posted an unofficial schedule on Canes Country for the first four games...

Game 1: at Boston, Thursday, May 9, 7:30 p.m., NBCSN
Game 2: at Boston, Sunday, May 12, 3:00 p.m., NBC
Game 3: at Carolina, Tuesday, May 14, 7:30 p.m., NBCSN
Game 4: at Carolina, Thursday, May 16, 7:30 p.m., NBCSN

It is expected that the official schedule will be released later today.

Our friend Brian LeBlanc has posted an unofficial schedule on Canes Country for the first four games...

Game 1: at Boston, Thursday, May 9, 7:30 p.m., NBCSN
Game 2: at Boston, Sunday, May 12, 3:00 p.m., NBC
Game 3: at Carolina, Tuesday, May 14, 7:30 p.m., NBCSN
Game 4: at Carolina, Thursday, May 16, 7:30 p.m., NBCSN

It is expected that the official schedule will be released later today.

This would be ideal for me personally, but I'll exhale when they make it official. Then I won't have to be all weird and distracted when we go see Eddie Izzard on Monday and Dawes next Friday.

I forgot to tell you guys that we're going to the Finals. How do I know? Because I'm going to Alaska on the 20th.

NHL.com shows only the Thursday date with an 8PM start time so far. Anything that keeps our home games away from next Friday and Sat would be preferable for me.

This would be ideal for me personally, but I'll exhale when they make it official. Then I won't have to be all weird and distracted when we go see Eddie Izzard on Monday and Dawes next Friday.

I forgot to tell you guys that we're going to the Finals. How do I know? Because I'm going to Alaska on the 20th.

If you need a charity dump for your tickets...

Have a good trip.

Dude ... I had to miss Jason Isbell last spring for some thing or another, so I'm danged if I'm missing any of this.

No idea who that is, but thought ticket charity would be a good joke.

As much as I'm enjoying the Canes' success this spring, it still makes me grumpy as hell that I'm not there.

No idea who that is, but thought ticket charity would be a good joke.

As much as I'm enjoying the Canes' success this spring, it still makes me grumpy as hell that I'm not there.

Forgot that Isbell isn't metal enough for you :0)

I had tix to that concert and had to miss as well. I have tix for his show at Koka Booth-- not missing!

My only consolation was that I've seen him several times before. Isbell and that band ... a force of nature for real.

Back to topic ... I've seen some speculation that the league is still trying to hammer out some venue issues both in Boston and out west. It's probably going to be late tonight before we see a final schedule for the Conference Finals ... which tells me that they may be waiting for that Saturday to open up at TD Garden.

My only consolation was that I've seen him several times before. Isbell and that band ... a force of nature for real.

Same here! He's the best singer songwriter since Springsteen hit the scene. I'd easily out him in the same category as Springsteen, Dylan, Simon.

Same here! He's the best singer songwriter since Springsteen hit the scene. I'd easily out him in the same category as Springsteen, Dylan, Simon.

Heck of a producer too. Josh Ritter (a personal favorite songwriter of mine) just released a new record that Isbell produced. The 400 Unit played on it too ... powerful record. Isbell produced my favorite American Aquarium record too ... Wolves.

Back to topic ... I've seen some speculation that the league is still trying to hammer out some venue issues both in Boston and out west. It's probably going to be late tonight before we see a final schedule for the Conference Finals ... which tells me that they may be waiting for that Saturday to open up at TD Garden.

My guess is that the delay has more to do whether it will be Colorado or San Jose in the final. The league is going to want the two series to go an alternate days and building issues in Denver and are San Jose could impact whether or not they open that series on Friday night or Saturday.

From what I can see, there is nothing booked at TD Garden after Thursday night's Bruins game and Friday night's Celtics game.

St. Louis has concerts on Friday and Monday. San Jose has an ice show on Sunday. Colorado needs to schedule around the Nuggets, but that doesn’t affect this weekend. My guess? If San Jose wins tonight, they go Saturday/Monday. If Colorado wins tonight, St. Louis hosts Saturday/Tuesday. Canes game 2 will probably be Sunday. After that? It depends on who hosts the west, if it’s San Jose, we’re probably at home on Tuesday/Thursday. If it’s St. Louis, game 3 might not be until Wednesday.

Schedules are now official...

EASTERN CONFERENCE FINAL

Boston Bruins (A2) vs. Carolina Hurricanes (WC1)

Thursday, May 9, 8 p.m.: Hurricanes @ Bruins | NBCSN, SN, CBC, TVA Sports

Sunday, May 12, 3 p.m.: Hurricanes @ Bruins | NBC, SN, CBC, TVA Sports

Tuesday, May 14, 8 p.m.: Bruins @ Hurricanes | NBCSN, SN, CBC, TVA Sports

Thursday, May 16, 8 p.m.: Bruins @ Hurricanes | NBCSN, SN, CBC, TVA Sports

*Saturday, May 18, 7:15 p.m.: Hurricanes @ Bruins | NBC, SN, CBC, TVA Sports

*Monday, May 20, 8 p.m.: Bruins @ Hurricanes | NBCSN, SN1, CBC, TVA Sports

*Wednesday, May 22, 8 p.m.: Hurricanes @ Bruins | NBCSN, SN360, CBC, TVA Sports

WESTERN CONFERENCE FINAL

San Jose Sharks (P2) vs. St. Louis Blues (C3)

Saturday, May 11, 8 p.m.: Blues @ Sharks | NBC, SN, CBC, TVA Sports

Monday, May 13, 9 p.m.: Blues @ Sharks | NBCSN, SN, CBC, TVA Sports

Wednesday, May 15, 8 p.m.: Sharks @ Blues | NBCSN, SN360, CBC, TVA Sports

Friday, May 17, 8 p.m.: Sharks @ Blues | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

*Sunday, May 19, 3 p.m.: Blues @ Sharks | NBC, SN, CBC, TVA Sports

*Tuesday, May 21, 8 p.m.: Sharks @ Blues | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

*Thursday, May 23, 9 p.m.: Blues @ Sharks | NBC, SN1, CBC, TVA Sports

Back