• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League: 2019-2020 Regular Season

Re: Around the League - 2019 Off Season

That's a hell of a deal for New Yawk.

The Rangers got a 25 year old top pairing d-man for a middle of the first round pick in a middling draft + a depth d-man.

Way to go, Gorton.

Last edited:

@frank_seravalli
Cheveldayoff: "This is probably an unprecedented time of communication between the general managers." [emoji102]

Rangers are getting back into the thick of things

They will go hard after Panarin I bet.

Rangers are getting back into the thick of things

They will go hard after Panarin I bet.

I dont think so

The old Rangers threw money at anything and couldn't care less

Gorton is more cautious and wants value on his money

I dont see 11 mil or so being tossed at Panarin just to make a splash

I dont think so

It's NY they will always be looking for a splash.

Trouba was plan B after Karlsson signed in SJ.

Rangers will be in on the big names

Not great news for teams right up against the cap as indications are that the cap will not be at the projected 83 million and will be lower

Around the League - 2019 Off Season

I dont think so

McGuire on TSN yesterday said he expects NYR will make big time offer sheet for Marner, in addition to other UFAs (Panarin). Their game plan apparently coming into the offseason was to ink Karlsson + Panarin.

It's NY they will always be looking for a splash.

Trouba was plan B after Karlsson signed in SJ.

Rangers will be in on the big names

Trouba was never plan B..... IMO

This was a solid hockey move knowing the Peg couldn't keep him

They get a top pair D at 25 and probably locked up at 7.5

They were not throwing 11 at EK heading into his 30`s

Team is rebuilding , their window is about 3 years before they may head back to contender status

They want players in their prime that can be part of the process .....Trouba fits perfectly at 25

McGuire on TSN yesterday said he expects NYR will make big time offer sheet for Marner, in addition to other UFAs (Panarin). Their game plan apparently coming into the offseason was to ink Karlsson + Panarin.

I can see a trade for Marner if negotiations turn into a shit show and both parties draw a line in the sand

Rags aren't handing them 4 firsts when this team is years from complete

They have plenty of draft and youth capital to pull this off if required

I think Panarin and Bobo end up in Florida and they trade Huby

I can see a trade for Marner if negotiations turn into a shit show and both parties draw a line in the sand

Rags aren't handing them 4 firsts when this team is years from complete

They have plenty of draft and youth capital to pull this off if required

I think Panarin and Bobo end up in Florida and they trade Huby
Larry Brooks has already said Dolan has mandated the NYR must make the playoffs, just as Philly ownership did so leading to Hextall’s departure. Owners in these markets are not going to stand by for years upon years of rebuilding - that’s not how running a business works.

I don't see them offer sheeting and giving up those first round draft picks, even if they are back in win now mode, chances are they are still missing the playoffs next year and maybe the year after also

They will be players for UFAs like Panarin and Duchene who are still young enough to be part of the turnaround.

Last edited:

Team is rebuilding , their window is about 3 years before they may head back to contender status

They want players in their prime that can be part of the process .....Trouba fits perfectly at 25

It's not a coincidence that this trade happened hours after Karlsson announced he signed with SJ.

They were going to go hard after him, they had the cap space, but once that option was off the table they wasted no time getting a deal done for Trouba

Last edited:

They are done rebuilding, it was a two year process and in a market like NY you can't do this for 3-4 years.

They will get a stud in Kappo and have some nice prospects, they are going after big names this summer

Back