• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League: 2019-2020 Regular Season

Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2019

I dunno. You're getting soff. You haven't hated anyone on the Habs since the Cube.

not really, I hated Davidson but did like being proven right when I was a lone voice against the wind saying he was terrible, I hated Redmond, partially hated Reilly and Niemi.

1-0 blues after going about 15 minutes without a shot

blues players sounded like a bunch of seagulls at the end of the game, it was a weird sound

From dead last to cup in 5 months. Just crazy.

David Perron has come a long way to becoming a really sound hockey player.

He was really good these playoffs

mr oreilly, the habs didnt trade the house to get him...:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Very nice...a longshot takes it all. I like dynasties, but a longshot winner is nice too once in awhile. Doesn't happen often in sports.

I couldn't quite figure out how the Blues got there before tonight. But tonight they played perfect shut down hockey. The old Devils would be proud. They also seemed to be able to capitalize on minimal scoring opportunities in the series.

O'Reilly, Pietangelo, Binnington, outstanding tonight.

mr oreilly, the habs didnt trade the house to get him...:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

I though Mb should have been all over him when he was available in Colorado.

It was right at the time that Plekanec was in full decline and DD was done.

Not often a good two way center is available at 24

Fantastic result. Always good to see the Booins lose! :smilewinkgrin:

I though Mb should have been all over him when he was available in Colorado.

It was right at the time that Plekanec was in full decline and DD was done.

Not often a good two way center is available at 24

The Sabres got fcuk all in their trade and still had to pick up 2 shit contracts .

We could easily of offered more

Blues had just enough skill, will, scoring , D and goaltending to win the cup

Won the north south battles .....congrats to that effort

Got to admit that I walked past the sports bar to check out the score last night and pumped my fist when I saw it was 2-0 Blues and gave a little grin at a guy wearing a Ruins jersey.

I guess it shows you don't need to tank for the generational talent, just look to improve your roster and be opportunistic with deals. O'Reilly probably had a reputation due to being on bad teams like Duchene is now.

Got to admit that I walked past the sports bar to check out the score last night and pumped my fist when I saw it was 2-0 Blues and gave a little grin at a guy wearing a Ruins jersey.

I guess it shows you don't need to tank for the generational talent, just look to improve your roster and be opportunistic with deals. O'Reilly probably had a reputation due to being on bad teams like Duchene is now.

That's patently false, but sure.

There were two generational players in the last 20 years: Crosby & McDavid. Everyone knew they were going first overall in the NHL draft when they were 14 years old and teams tanked for McDavid while Crosby went to a lottery, but there would have been a tanking spree to get him if there was hockey that year.

There was also no generational player - by any stretch - on either team last night.

Back