• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League: 2019-2020 Regular Season

Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2019

Well, not those of us who care about draft position. We own Columbus's second and if they win the second round, it drops from 50th to (at minimum) 59.

Yeah I had that on my mind the whole time.

Just like I was hoping Chicago would fall as low as possible in the standings last year.

Meh, Parisians tend to move to Montreal for work (check out the accents around the Plateau) and there's definitely a lot less urine in the streets than in Paris, though probably more puke.

Better job market in Montreal than in Paris.

Puke = McGill students.

Ahhh, there you are. I've been waiting for The Choking Dog to make an appearance.

It's been so long, Marc-André Fleury.

Here's hoping Carolina & Nashville win tonight, I thoroughly enjoy Game 7s. Two more wouldn't make me sad in the least.

Jesus Justin Williams has a knack to get big goals.

Shhh clutch doesn’t exist....

Well, on these forums anyway, those who deny it don't even know what it means.

Clutch doesn't exist because Player X's PPG in the regular season is about the same as his PPG in the playoffs!

Yeah, you really know what "clutch" means, dude.

That said, the Caps got robbed. That Ovechkin goal to tie the game should have counted. It was bullshit to waive it off.

That said, the Caps got robbed. That Ovechkin goal to tie the game should have counted. It was bullshit to waive it off.

Dunno, he pretty much pushed the goalie with the puck, they've been waving those goals off pretty regularly this season.

Well, on these forums anyway, those who deny it don't even know what it means.

Clutch doesn't exist because Player X's PPG in the regular season is about the same as his PPG in the playoffs!

Yeah, you really know what "clutch" means, dude.

It means that they are better in big games than they are in regular games... no?

Like Williams has one goal so far in 6 games in these playoffs. The 4th goal in a 5-2 game. That's clutch.

Dunno, he pretty much pushed the goalie with the puck, they've been waving those goals off pretty regularly this season.

Yeah, the goalie was on top of the puck. He bowled him and the puck into the net.

It means that they are better in big games than they are in regular games... no?

Like Williams has one goal so far in 6 games in these playoffs. The 4th goal in a 5-2 game. That's clutch.

Yeah, you still don't know what clutch means.

And even if that were the case, Justin Williams has something like 14 points in 8 or 9 career game 7s.

If a player gets a goal in the first period, is he clutch? Nope.

If same player gets a goal with 15 seconds remaining to tie the game, is he clutch? Yup.

If you want to argue that people overuse the word clutch, I'll definitely agree with that. But to claim it doesn't exist, nope, sorry.

Last edited:

The puck was never covered, there's an angle that showed the puck loose. Ovechkin had every right to go after the puck.

Back