• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League: 2019-2020 Regular Season

Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2019

I kinda feel bad for the refs, the whole arena, both teams and the people watching TV have all access to the replays, but not the refs.

Arpon Basu
@ArponBasu
John Davidson resigns, and the drama of the Columbus offseason begins in earnest.

He resigned to take the Rangers gig though. That tweet is a little misleading.

lol, Davidson convinced Columbus management to blow their wad , then he leaves...Rangers blue in his veins all along :)

Watch him try and sign Bobrovsky and Panarin now.

Watch him try and sign Bobrovsky and Panarin now.

Weren't the Rangers going to that anyway? They've always been on the likely suspects list for those two. And they loaded up their Russian prospects with contracts.

Rumors down here that Tallon plans on also going hard after them. NYC is great but so is South Beach to these guys.

Around the League - Playoffs 2019

Rumors down here that Tallon plans on also going hard after them. NYC is great but so is South Beach to these guys.
The wild card is whether John Davidson has a deal in place with both players, CBJ ownership & the league for a sign & trade - league will be happy CBJ has something to show for an important franchise per southern expansion strategy, NHLPA gets the 8-year deal increasing the pay scale & NYR will also be satisfied.

I know I know it’s “illegal”....that type of stuff never happens in real life! [emoji102]

Last edited:

I doubt they'd risk tampering that severely.

South Beach is a prime vacation spot for several NHLers

But who wants to play in front of a half empty building each night

Darren Dreger
[emoji818]
@DarrenDreger
Canadian powerplay firing at 62.5% at the World Championship. Asset coach Kirk Muller overseeing CDN powerplay.

Darren Dreger
[emoji818]
@DarrenDreger
Canadian powerplay firing at 62.5% at the World Championship. Asset coach Kirk Muller overseeing CDN powerplay.

Would be at 80 percent if he wasn't coaching it.

Darren Dreger
[emoji818]
@DarrenDreger

Clearly, Claude sent Kirk to the Worlds to practice a bit...

Certainly helps when half the teams you face dont know how to play hockey.

Certainly helps when half the teams you face dont know how to play hockey.

Well, if the habs just trade their roster for the team canada one I'm pretty sure that will fix the powerplay.

Back