• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother****ing Off Season Thread

He got twitter in a frenzy. Hell of a troll job but it would be funny if he broke this kind of deal

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I love how he says nazeeem and troubda so that if it doesn't happen he can say...I didn't say nazem.

If this is the case. 1 what would trouba want in salary....he made 5.5 this year and will want a raise.
2. Is he ready to be the top pairing guy with Reilly?
3. Who the hell do we target as the third line centre....he'd have to be a right hand shot and probably more of a responsible in own end type of guy....who's out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Trouba would cost a good $8 I think

He's def top pair but a muzz-trouba shutdown pair would make sense too.

We'd need to get a center somewhere too.

Kadri+zaits for lowry+trouba would be some kind of awesome.

Is trouba worth 8 million to the leafs?

Would he even consider a Canadian team for a long term contract?

I read earlier that gardiner might take 5 million for a longer term contract. If that is true, then a kadri/gardiner is much more valuable than a trouba and an empty 3rd line center position.

I cant stand gardiner for the most part, but isn't trouba almost the same type of player?

As mz alluded earlier, who do the leafs have in the system as a competent projected 3rd line centerman? No one.

What do the posters here think the leafs could obtain in a kadri trade?

Last edited:
As for marleau, I wonder if phaneuf realizes how bad he is now and would be willing to go on ltr for some mysterious injury?
If he would, than a Marleau for a phaneuf and a 2nd and 4th round draft choices would be acceptable I think.

Leafs eat 13 million in salary, and the kings get 1 year of marleau and his 6 million contract, and then the kings rid themselves of him after this season.

But this would only be practical if phaneuf sustained some sort of mental phobia of pucks or ice and was unable to play.

Bobo said its fake news. But that the Jets would probably love to do it. Trouba is a one year rental and likely won't get that kind of return.

He also confirmed that Vancouver kicked tires on Zaitsev. And that the Leafs/Canucks were talking Tanev last year but couldn't find a fit. Tanev stinks but he only has one year left and stinks less than Zaitsev in the 40-50 games he actually plays so a Zaitsev/Tamev swap wouldn't be the worst.

Back