• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother****ing Off Season Thread

I’ve heard a few people say this and an equal number of people dispute it and say that 10.2 is just the number reflective of an entire season but he only actually accumulated 6.9 in cap space last year.

This is true.

The caphit is calculated daily, not annually.

It's the same logic as adding a big caphit at the trade deadline - you don't need 5m of capspacd to trade for a 5m caphit at that point.

maxresdefault.jpg

A few offer sheet notes:

You can work out a trade ahead of an offer sheet being signed, but once it's signed, your choices are limited. You can't work out a trade, for one. You either have to match (in which case you're not allowed to trade the player for 12 months), or you have to decline and take whatever compensation is laid out by the CBA.

Like I mentioned earlier, Nylander's $6.9M cap hit became well over $10M last year, because of how late he signed in the season. So if someone is signing Mitch to an offer sheet for the Auston Matthews+ level of money he's seeking sometime after the star of the season, they're going to have to have all of their draft picks, as well as $12-16M in free cap space just sitting around.

That narrows the list to a pretty small group of teams, especially when you take into consideration the teams that have their own RFA's or pending UFA's to sign. That leaves you pretty much with just the Devils ($19.8M in free space, with Hischier & Hall on the last years of their deals), Colorado ($23M, with Rantanen still needing to be signed this summer) & Ottawa (lol) as even the remotest possibilities.

Yep, that's what I figured.

Lmao. That's so funny to see on video. It looks bad, but I can tell you it's 1000x worse without a camera watching. Some parents are complete 'tards.

Though I've never been in a position to spend $15k+ as well as 15+ hours per week on my kid to play hockey. If I get there I just might get that crazy.

Paul Marner definitely gives off a serious child-abusey vibe in that video.

But maybe that's typical for overly-involved hockey parents. I dunno.

Oh that was absolutely tame. I used to see and hear way worse literally every single game I played hockey when I was a kid.

But they had a camera on him and he knew it, so multiply his reactions x 10 minimum.

I mean his only genuine reaction was clearly when the camerman moved to the other end of the rink, and he forgot he was mic'd up. *Points at him* "You better start ****ing skating Mitch I swear to god"

BJs have crippled their future with their deadlien deals and trading trading UFAs and it did not work. Why would you trade 4 1ts? Although I have always said the 1 guy I'd trade Marner for is Seth Jones.

Well, looks like #29 won't be playing with the Toronto Maple Leafs this season.

...because Willy's switching his jersey number to #88, which is the number he wore in Europe growing up, and has continued wearing in international competitions.

I guess this must be a case where Lou's rules forced him to wear #29 for the first few years of his career.

Back