• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother****ing Off Season Thread

So is McFarland going to help with any of this shit? At the very least he should be an improvement over Smith, and that by itself should be fantastic.

So is McFarland going to help with any of this shit? At the very least he should be an improvement over Smith, and that by itself should be fantastic.
MacFarland's a replacement for Jim Hiller, not Smith.

They'll still need to go out and find a replacement for Smith as our PK/defense guy.

Anything to break up the Matthews curl off the boards and shoot/slap pass with deflection monotony.

It's sure as hell not the players idea to keep doing that 4000 times in a row.

time for some new schemes, and maybe a bit more fluidity allowed too.

Anything to break up the Matthews curl off the boards and shoot/slap pass with deflection monotony.

It's sure as hell not the players idea to keep doing that 4000 times in a row.

time for some new schemes, and maybe a bit more fluidity allowed too.

Idk...how many time has Ovechkin shot from that spot?

...really, I wonder if that's a stat.

I have plenty. Dubas will have none.

I'm old fashioned though. I've always felt that once someone served their punishment for what they did wrong, it was second chance time.

I have plenty. Dubas will have none.

I'm old fashioned though. I've always felt that once someone served their punishment for what they did wrong, it was second chance time.

If the guy admits fault and is apologetic I'd have a lot less of an issue with it. This guy has done none of that. Kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

If the guy admits fault and is apologetic I'd have a lot less of an issue with it. This guy has done none of that. Kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Yep. Once he got his wife away the police, he had her essentially give the “I fell down the stairs” excuse. And since then he’s never shown any remorse for what he did, never admitted any wrongdoing and he’s fought any and all punishments for what he did tooth and nail.

So, **** that piece of shit and whichever joke franchise signs him.

I prefer when they make the right sounds with their mouth, but at the end of the day the only person owed an apology is the girlfriend he beat around. If the state of California and the NHL both think he's served his penance, my only concern is whether or not he's still really good at hockey.

I've never been down with this Scarlet Letter shit.

I prefer when they make the right sounds with their mouth, but at the end of the day the only person owed an apology is the girlfriend he beat around. If the state of California and the NHL both think he's served his penance, my only concern is whether or not he's still really good at hockey.

I've never been down with this Scarlet Letter shit.

Slava Voynov is eligible to return after serving 41 more games of his suspension. Any interest?

Do I think Dubas would have interest? I think it would depend on his status, I could be wrong on this but he was given a choice that either he left the US voluntarily and face a 10 yeat ban OR he stayed and was deported and given a lifetime ban. From what I recall, he chose to leave in 2015, so that would mean he wouldn't be able to play any of the road games in the US if he signs here.

Do I have interest? Nope I don't, I'm sorry but I don't have the time of day for any guy who roughs up a woman, and also, he would be too much of a distraction if he were to sign here.

He sounds like a typical wife beater, and trust me I have a life time of experience with them, they are control freaks and they will very rarely admit wrong doing and even if they did, they still find a way to blame the victim.

I wouldnt expect him to apologize.

He sounds like a typical wife beater, and trust me I have a life time of experience with them, they are control freaks and they will very rarely admit wrong doing and even if they did, they still find a way to blame the victim.

I wouldnt expect him to apologize.

Agreed!
As mz alluded to the scarlet letter, that is a good point.

But I think the leafs will be like the Jay's and osuna, and have zero interest.

And rightfully so.

You brought in the marleau's and Tavares for a reason, to show and teach the younger players.

I will be shocked and disappointed if the obtained voynov.

Let him go to ottawa.

" A lot of times players don’t listen to the head coach,” Smith said. “I was that buffer.”

That was an interesting comment by Smith.

Was he referring to the leaf players and babcock?

Glad for him he got the job in ottawa but glad he is with another organization.

Back