• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Mother****ing Off Season Thread

I don't think you give up on Freddie. He is quite capable of just stealing games, and he did in this series. We do need to get a vet so that he plays no more than 60 or so games, maybe even less. He's just not capable of a full workload plus playoffs.

Oh, I'm not saying to give up on him. He's a top 10 starting goalie in his prime for 5 million.

I just don't think anyone should have any confidence in his ability to get us anywhere. Every time he runs hot for 6 weeks though, the muppets proclaim that he's broken through and is now a vezina calibre goalie. He's not and never has been.

I don't even know what to say, on paper the team was good enough. Just feels like a waste, this is more devastating than last year. The Leafs were the better team for 4 of the first 5 games and then weren't for the last 2 when it mattered most.

So Freddy let in some stinkers. Are people calling for him to be replaced if our teams best players played too minutes and we won? Just curious

Babcock on Marleau being on the ice with the goalie out: "We felt Pat should be out there."

WTF

Oh, I'm not saying to give up on him. He's a top 10 starting goalie in his prime for 5 million.

I just don't think anyone should have any confidence in his ability to get us anywhere. Every time he runs hot for 6 weeks though, the muppets proclaim that he's broken through and is now a vezina calibre goalie. He's not and never has been.

Then you need to make the team in front of him defend better.
You cant have those turnovers like we do... It's brutal. And unfortunately, consistent.

That ****ing Gardiner turnover for the 2nd goal ended the season.... demoralizing .

-Fire Babcock and the entire coaching staff. We got your back Dubas.
-Marleau, Hainsey and Zaitsev out. Take Brown with them.
-Don’t even pick up the call from Gardiner’s agent.
-Trade Kadri for a top 4 RD if possible, make Nylander 3C.
-Play hard ball with Marner, keep the AAV down in the low 9s.
-Re-sign Johnsson/Kapanen, if only room for one keep the cheapest of the two and just promote Bracco.
-Bring on the Sandin/Lilly show.

Then you need to make the team in front of him defend better.
You cant have those turnovers like we do... It's brutal. And unfortunately, consistent.

That ****ing Gardiner turnover for the 2nd goal ended the season.... demoralizing .

Oh, I agree. But the answer isn't "defending better", it's moving the puck better. We spend a pile of time in our zone from an inability to move the puck cleanly out of our zone.

Fire Babs and tell Buffalo... "hey you can have him now" (can you trade a coach for a pick?? :thumbup:)

Bring up Keefe and let him pick his assts

Babcock says we need to be bigger in his presser. I mean fire the ****er out of a cannon please

The good thing is, Dubas disagrees and will replace the coach rather than change his philosophy.

and Boston isn't bigger than we are.

Nashville likely has 3 defensemen up for sale this offseason and need a forward.

PK for Kadri?

Oh, I agree. But the answer isn't "defending better", it's moving the puck better. We spend a pile of time in our zone from an inability to move the puck cleanly out of our zone.

Tonight aside, I thought the Leafs did well in that dept this series.

I don't understand how you look at this series and say we needed to be bigger.

the man is on a different planet.

this has to be a final **** you to Dubas

Back