• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019 Free Agent Season

I fully expect MB to go the trade route first. The bulk of the NHL is in a cap crunch. He should be looking to find value from someone looking for breathing room. With 12 picks next year + cap space I think that is the move .

I fully expect MB to go the trade route first. The bulk of the NHL is in a cap crunch. He should be looking to find value from someone looking for breathing room. With 12 picks next year + cap space I think that is the move .

That seems like the route to go.

Pretty slim pickings though. Might want to kick tires on Gusev and see what his number is. As long as the term isn't stupid, might want to give him a whirl. Winnipeg can use some help, but I don't see you guys wanting Bryan Little around for 5 more years at 5.3. Maybe Perreault, but they actually like him. Calgary would probably move Frolik to clear space for Tkachuk but that's another case of it being a guy they like, they're actually going to want something in return. You could probably get your hands on one of Tampa's middle 6 guys (Gourde or Palat specifically) for cheap, but Palat is 3 years and Gourde is 5 I think. You'd actually have to want to keep them around.

I’d rather do nothing. Maybe sign Dzingel to a value contract at best.

One of the biggest upgrades we needed in the off season was in goal. We have done that... at least i hope. We missed the playoffs and the backup played a huge role in that.
T

The one thing I question at this point is if Shaw would have been a more valuable trade chip to include in a package for a body.

I understand Mb is gaining cap space but now he may need trade chips and Shaw could have been a good add on to a deal

The one thing I question at this point is if Shaw would have been a more valuable trade chip to include in a package for a body.

I understand Mb is gaining cap space but now he may need trade chips and Shaw could have been a good add on to a deal

I can't imagine the backlash if the Habs start the season with 12 million unspent money and minus Shaw who was basically traded for nothing.

I can't imagine the backlash if the Habs start the season with 12 million unspent money and minus Shaw who was basically traded for nothing.

The extra cap space never bothered me as much as most, if there’s no one of value to use it on why spend.

It would be a different story if there wasn’t overwhelming proof that they are trying to use it, they made a huge offer for Duchen and Aho that would have left the team with like 3 million with Lehkonen and Armia to sign

Why impossible?

He’s not starting the season without help on LD, that need is just too glaring.

He may not get a legit #2 but he will get a mobile dman that can play 20 minutes for Weber

Impossible, I think we’re ok up front, we have our centers and wingers.

But we need big help on the LD

I think the UFA d want too much and may need to wait longer to make them sweat

I like Hutton at the right number to buy time for Romanov

I still don't see why signing Dzingel is impossible.

Yeah another forward will happen but I just replied to your being ok with what we have now to start the season.

I’m ok to start the season with what we have at forward, but that LD 100% needs to be addressed in some form

Offence by committee so let’s add Dzingel who’s a serious upgrade over Shaw and then trade for a LHD.

I think that’s the play.

Back