• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019 Free Agent Season

He likely feels that he has to replace Shaw's grit and Lee fits the bill. Just not at $9M per.

MB ain’t doing shit. It amazes he traded Shaw without having a locked up plan. Who does that?

Oh I forgot, Riley Barber is here as we continue the long tradition of trivial moves at pivotal times.

You do realize July 1 isn't the only day you can do things right? Teams will look to move salary, there may be other players in play that nobody knows about.

Also, I don't mind running with some prospects even if it means a bottom 5 finish. We could use high picks next draft as it is in Montreal. It is also why I think it is possible he will use some of the cap space to pick up garbage contracts with less than 3 years left on them for first round picks. People need to settle down until exhibition.

John Shannon:
Matt Duchene tells David Amber he was close to signing in Montreal. Has tremendous respect for that franchise.

Good day so far, no stupid signings done. Took a swing at one of the best young player in the league at reasonable terms. We probably won't get him but if we do at least we won't regret it.

Good day so far, no stupid signings done. Took a swing at one of the best young player in the league at reasonable terms. We probably won't get him but if we do at least we won't regret it.

This is all true... lot of stupid signing today and we were not part of any of them.....

A few goalies off the board in the last bit:

• Semyon Varlamov to the Islanders... 4 x $5M.
• Robin Lehner to the Blackhawks... 1 x $5M.
• Petr Mrazek back to the Hurricanes... 2 x $3.125M.

Last edited:
Darren Dreger Leafs have acquired Kerfoot from the Avalanche. Working on details.

This has been a great free agency period.

No stupid signings, no contracts that will come back to bite in us in the near future, no overpayments.

Pretty much if Sal isn't happy it means they didn't do anything stupid.

Last edited:
Yep. I’m fine with all this. Aho is ours? Awesome. No? Just as well. No stupid contracts.

This has been a great free agency period.

No stupid signings, no contracts that will come back to bite in us in the near future, no overpayments.

Pretty much if Sal isn't happy it means they didn't do anything stupid.
They didn’t overpay for Lee & are not doing some tank & rebuilding strategy, I’m ecstatic.

If this Aho offer sheet actually pans out it’ll be phenomenal, if not they just need to add a solid 3rd pairing Dman by game 1 of the season, anything more is gravy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lee's agent is going on a roar on twitter about how there was never a moment where Anders considered leaving the Islanders.

I think Ryan Dzingel is about the only guy left that I'd be interested in. Hell, we should be able to afford him whether we get Aho or not.

I’d love to sign Dzingel to replace Shaw. He’s not as gritty but he’s fast as **** and a good player.

They didn’t overpay for Lee & are not doing some tank & rebuilding strategy, I’m ecstatic.

If this Aho offer sheet actually pans out it’ll be phenomenal, if not they just need to add a solid 3rd pairing Dman by game 1 of the season, anything more is gravy.

Might be time for a break for Sal. This crosses the line and makes the site look terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back