• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019 Free Agent Season

Once the new core is ready.

Suzuki, RP, KK, Caufield, Fluery, Brook, Romanov.

So next summer or the summer after that.

I hope they all hit including Primeau and Yolenen in 3 years , however we need a better base for these guys to integrate with

So... A team that does nothing but depth moves starting july 1st did nothing but depth moves...

I don't think anyone should be surprised
Last summer we traded Galchenyuk for Domi, and later Pacioretty, the year before we traded for Drouin, the year before we traded Subban for Weber and added Radulov.

Your narrative is completely wrong.

I did not have those same hopes. I hoped like hell we avoided overpaying somebody like Duchene.

I still think we are in rebuild mode. Well that is how I view it. In addition to Shaw I would try to "downgrade" by trading some others as well...like Byron. Exploring Petry and Gallagher as well.

I would also not mind seeing us take on a short term (2 year max) bad contract for some additional picks/prospects.
I didn't want overpaid mistakes either. But, I was hoping for someone better than Chiarot to upgrade the weakest link on the team. I was hoping for some help up from. A top 6 guy like Dzingel or Ferland would have been nice, especially after losing Shaw.

I am not confident that this team is better than last year. Most of it remains on the shoukders of our young players.

We have way too much cap space for the Montreal Canadiens. We should have gotten the pick for Marleau if that was the plan.

I'll wait until camp but for now it's a disappointing summer, it's only good in the sense that we haven't made huge mistakes although I think Chiarot might end up being one.

I did not have those same hopes. I hoped like hell we avoided overpaying somebody like Duchene.

I still think we are in rebuild mode. Well that is how I view it. In addition to Shaw I would try to "downgrade" by trading some others as well...like Byron. Exploring Petry and Gallagher as well.

I would also not mind seeing us take on a short term (2 year max) bad contract for some additional picks/prospects.

You can't trade every veteran, especially younger ones like Gally.

Last summer we traded Galchenyuk for Domi, and later Pacioretty, the year before we traded for Drouin, the year before we traded Subban for Weber and added Radulov.

Your narrative is completely wrong.

I was talking about signings, but sure, he does usually pull off a trade.

You can't trade every veteran, especially younger ones like Gally.

Sure you can if Gally nets you a heist like the Max deal

He is younger at 27 but his contract is up at 29 . Chances of him playing at this level on his next 5-6 year contract are slim

Same for Petry and Tatar , no one is untouchable

I didn't want overpaid mistakes either. But, I was hoping for someone better than Chiarot to upgrade the weakest link on the team. I was hoping for some help up from. A top 6 guy like Dzingel or Ferland would have been nice, especially after losing Shaw.

I am not confident that this team is better than last year. Most of it remains on the shoukders of our young players.

We have way too much cap space for the Montreal Canadiens. We should have gotten the pick for Marleau if that was the plan.

I'll wait until camp but for now it's a disappointing summer, it's only good in the sense that we haven't made huge mistakes although I think Chiarot might end up being one.

Hilarious how Carolina outplays us. They keep Aho, they land a 1st pick for taking on Marleau and sign a 26 goal scorer for cheap on a 2 year deal when we said the Aho deal took them to the Max they want to spend. And they land Haula on a steal of a trade.

An impressive offseason for a nobody team.

I’m sorry but I think MB is just bad at his job, doesn’t have the brain power to build a proper strategy and execute it. He improvises and dresses like a pimp, that’s about it.

Last edited:

He is younger at 27 but his contract is up at 29 . Chances of him playing at this level on his next 5-6 year contract are slim

Gallagher is one player that I would wager will keep this up into his mid-30s. He's a gym rat and he has proven he will give it his all every shift. I agree with the general logic behind not signing players on the wrong side of 30 to long-term deals however Gallagher is one I'd gamble on.

That said, I'd also take a king's ransom for him if someone offered.

Gallagher is one player that I would wager will keep this up into his mid-30s. He's a gym rat and he has proven he will give it his all every shift. I agree with the general logic behind not signing players on the wrong side of 30 to long-term deals however Gallagher is one I'd gamble on.

That said, I'd also take a king's ransom for him if someone offered.

A perimeter player like Pacioretty who has a better shot and wheels is already in decline heading into his biggest payday

Players train all year round but most players now slip at 29-30 unless your HHOF caliber .

Sure he could be the exception but its going to be a 7 mil a year deal to offset his salary now .

Hilarious how Carolina outplays us. They keep Aho, they land a 1st pick for taking on Marleau and sign a 26 goal scorer for cheap on a 2 year deal when we said the Aho deal took them to the Max they want to spend. And they land Haula on a steal of a trade.

An impressive offseason for a nobody team.

I’m sorry but I think MB is just bad at his job, doesn’t have the brain power to build a proper strategy and execute it. He improvises and dresses like a pimp, that’s about it.

Your going a bit overboard here

Aho was getting matched unless we were stupid with an insane AAV

Laffs were never going to deal with us for Marleau

There were only 2 legit UFA`S who could make a difference and were not landing them

Dzingal had a career year at 27 and played like shit in the playoffs where it was his time to get paid

Why no 4 year deal at 4 mil for this guy if he is so coveted ? It was reported he wanted to on a warmer climate team but like Jake no home run deal is being offered

Plenty of time to use our cap space when these RFA`s get settled and teams need to adjust

They’re not trading Gally any time soon, and you know it.

Back