• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Canes Acquire James Reimer

It's the signing bonus it'd potentially give Florida grief... (With the big fish they are trying to land)

So now it looks like Bob to Fla, Smith to Edm, and Varlamov to the Isles, leaving Mrazek and Lehner as best available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CapFriendly shows the Canes with just under $22.7 million in cap space with 9 forwards (includes Necas), 5 dmen and 1 goalie on the roster. Aho and a goalie, whether Mrazek or Lehner, will probably eat $15ish of that. So 4 forwards and 2 dmen for about $7.7 million and we’re a max cap team.

That also leaves Mrazek and Lehner few available #1 jobs. If Lehner really wanted to stay with the Isle he and his agents really blew it.

Reimer's stats aren't horrible... but he doesn't exactly seem to be starter material either, and if we're bringing Ned along properly, he needs a guy who can carry at least 50 games as the #1, something Reimer has never done.

I suppose we'll see what the game plan is in a few minutes, since it's officially July 1st.

Reimer's stats aren't horrible... but he doesn't exactly seem to be starter material either, and if we're bringing Ned along properly, he needs a guy who can carry at least 50 games as the #1, something Reimer has never done.

I suppose we'll see what the game plan is in a few minutes, since it's officially July 1st.

Reimer, when you really break it down is a lot like Mac but costs a bit more, he's a great team first guy that does not have baggage, he's a true backup kinda guy who can give you 25-30 starts and he is a seasoned vet in terms of experience similar to Mac. I look at the trade as turning a useless buyout guy in Darling who the Canes never would trust again in net for a serviceable backup that you could actually play and not be worried about.

Reimer, when you really break it down is a lot like Mac but costs a bit more, he's a great team first guy that does not have baggage, he's a true backup kinda guy who can give you 25-30 starts and he is a seasoned vet in terms of experience similar to Mac. I look at the trade as turning a useless buyout guy in Darling who the Canes never would trust again in net for a serviceable backup that you could actually play and not be worried about.

Perhaps, but I would bet that Reimer never plays a game for us. I think he's insurance in case we can't sign Mrazek, Varmalov or Lehner. If we sign one of those guys, I expect us to buy him out.

That also leaves Mrazek and Lehner few available #1 jobs. If Lehner really wanted to stay with the Isle he and his agents really blew it.

Or the Isles just weren't willing to commit to him long term. Varlamov isn't in Lehner's class but for a short contract there's very little risk. I think Lehner pretty much has to try and leverage the year he had into some contract security. He's nuts if he doesn't at least try.

Back