• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Bergevin Press Conference

Pretty much just admitted this was to shut the fans up and they are keeping the cap space.

He's full of it. He did this to get people off his back. He doesn't really think Carolina doesn't match.

Pretty much just admitted this was to shut the fans up and they are keeping the cap space.
IF that were ever proven to be accurate, would be absolutely devastating for the org...this is too conservative an ownership group to take such a chance of killing a big piece of their business.

IF that were ever proven to be accurate, would be absolutely devastating for the org...this is too conservative an ownership group to take such a chance of killing a big piece of their business.

What did they kill though?

Seriously, did you really want to overpay Lee or Gardiner? I'm very happy they didn't.

Trading Shaw now makes no sense at all except to bank the money. I guess we are giving some of the kids a chance next year.

We still have like $11.5 million available to spend... I don't think this really stop us from anything.

If the Canes match then offer sheet Matthew Tkatchuk. There's a player I wouldn't mind adding to the team.

Haha

Every season you think they are going to make a huge splash and every season they don't.

What did they kill though?

Seriously, did you really want to overpay Lee or Gardiner? I'm very happy they didn't.
Misunderstood my post - I was responding to the “this was smoke & mirrors, Habs ownership aren’t really interested in being a cap ceiling team - this is a PR move to bank $”

My point being Jr and his consortium would never take a chance playing smoke & mirror games with the possibility of disenchanting a mega fanbase

The hope has to be that they have some intel that Dundon would never pay out 21.5 mil to a player in a year.

They low balled Aho with a 6 mil/year offer.

How do you do that when you have 22 mil in cap space to your best player?

The fact Wadell is saying he’s surprised that the AAV isn’t higher may show just how mis informed they are of the situation they are in.

MB is right that going to the next threshold doesn’t change anything in their strategy numbers wise

The hope has to be that they have some intel that Dundon would never pay out 21.5 mil to a player in a year.

They low balled Aho with a 6 mil/year offer.

How do you do that when you have 22 mil in cap space to your best player?

So you think we have a shot?

The onky reason MB may have wanted to go to the next threshhold is that the extra 1st rounder entices Carolina not to match.

But I doubt that would change anything

Back