• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Retool: Stage 2

Re: The Retool: Stage 2.

What is the identity of this team?

Copernicus and Julien seem to be creating a “lunch bucket” group up front, somewhat reminiscent of Julien’s Boston team. Getting rid of Pacioretty and Galchenyuk seems to have been beneficial.

Rolls Royce quality in net.

But that D needs a serious upgrade.

So, that’s the question. There is cap space to burn. Where will it go?

Speed game....I think each time I have heard an opposing teamss coach discuss the Habs before they face them they all say neutralize their speed, contain their speed.

When we are on our game we are fast

Re: The Retool: Stage 2.

Speed game....I think each time I have heard an opposing teamss coach discuss the Habs before they face them they all say neutralize their speed, contain their speed.

When we are on our game we are fast

A fast bubble team

They are actually getting up there in age up front.

Barzal and Beauvillier are young

Lee 28
Bailey 29
Nelson 28
Filpula 35
Cizikas 28
Eberle 28 (UFA)
Leddy 28
Boychuk 35
Lehner 28

Many of their guys are right in the thick of their prime.

They have a nice prospects pool starting with Dobson, Walhstrom and Wilde and they finally have decent leadership in management. I don't think they're going anywhere anytime soon.

Here’s a point that nobody is mentioning, if the Habs tanked then no UFA would even look at them. Finishing with 96 points will help MB in the UFA market. That is if that’s the route he wants to take. I still think he is interested in Duchene.

they will **** it up, missed the post season four straight years.

That's kind of the point of a rebuild.

Thanks to that, they have their franchise center, franchise d-man, #2 center, top line scoring winger, possibly a #1 goalie coming soon, a lot of prospects coming. They're 2-3 years away from being what the Leafs are now if they don't rush and **** it up.

Thanks to that, they have their franchise center, franchise d-man, #2 center, top line scoring winger, possibly a #1 goalie coming soon, a lot of prospects coming. They're 2-3 years away from being what the Leafs are now if they don't rush and **** it up.

Yet they never drafted higher than 5th, which would have been seen as a failure by some around here.

Vancouver always finds a way to **** it up, they blew 2-0, and 3-2 leads in the final. I have faith.

So it was confirmed that Romanov will not be in North America next year, but the year after.

That was the only piece of info delivered during their presser. That, and the obvious that Niemi will not return.

From 31 Thoughts:
Word is McFarland, 33, who came from OHL Kingston, was rocked, considering his main responsibility was the NHL’s second-ranked power play.

Bring him in?

Back