• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2018

I assume the knee on knee as well in the same game had something to do with it. What a dumb ass lol

No prospects? Poehling and Evans say hello. Poehling especially is getting great reviews so far. Evans is not far behind. Have a little faith dude and a bit less negativity. If Markov and Radulov would have stayed we probably would be watching playoff hockey right now.

Those 2 arent anywhere near enough . RP hopefully is a 2C one day but dont expect a big point producer .

Evans bless the hockey gods if he sticks as a bottom 6 player one day .

We need what the Blues have in Thomas , Kyrou , Kostin , and Barbashev .

We werent making the playoffs with 79 and Radu this year .....stop dreaming .

There is a reason we stink .....our prospect pool is among the worst in the league .

Those 2 arent anywhere near enough . RP hopefully is a 2C one day but dont expect a big point producer .

Evans bless the hockey gods if he sticks as a bottom 6 player one day .

We need what the Blues have in Thomas , Kyrou , Kostin , and Barbashev .

We werent making the playoffs with 79 and Radu this year .....stop dreaming .

There is a reason we stink .....our prospect pool is among the worst in the league .

Barbashev and Kostin are extremely meh.

Thomas and Kyrou definitely look pretty good but I think you overrate these guys a fair bit.

This is a care of the grass is always greener.

Barbashev and Kostin are extremely meh.

Thomas and Kyrou definitely look pretty good but I think you overrate these guys a fair bit.

This is a care of the grass is always greener.

Our prospects are among the worst in the league right now bar none . Those 2 are still miles better than what we have not named RP.

We need to nail this draft cause we are bone dry .

Poehling is about on par with Kyrou and Thomas. Scherbak is as good as Barbashev and Kostin really isn't any better than say Mete or Juulsen.

So basically they have a Kyrou or Thomas up on us. We'll probably have a better group than them after this draft.

Poehling is about on par with Kyrou and Thomas. Scherbak is as good as Barbashev and Kostin really isn't any better than say Mete or Juulsen.

So basically they have a Kyrou or Thomas up on us. We'll probably have a better group than them after this draft.

RP is not at the caliber of those 2 yet . All 4 of those Blues picks can play next year .

NS is close to bust status if he shows nothing next year .

Our pool is shit right now .

RP is not at the caliber of those 2 yet . All 4 of those Blues picks can play next year .

The kid is barely 18 and playing against men. Not boys. He is putting up the same type of numbers as Toews and Max did in that league already. I am hoping we hit a home run on that one.

The kid is barely 18 and playing against men. Not boys. He is putting up the same type of numbers as Toews and Max did in that league already. I am hoping we hit a home run on that one.

Me too but it will be 2020 before we see anything

So Barbashev is something special and Scherbak is close to bust status??? :lol

Scherbak (22)
AHL 140gp 94p (82gp 55p)

Barbashev
AHL 131gp 75p (82gp 47p)

Scherbak hasn't played enough NHL games yet to compare them.

What has Kostin done to impress you so much? He's very much a B or C level prospect.

And guys like Kyrou who light up the OHL in their second post draft year are far from sure things. Thomas too... solid post draft year, but not crazy good. In fact his numbers were quite ordinary when he went to Hamilton.

Barbashev has done nothing impressive at all for anyone to be excited. I thing RP at 18 has a higher ceiling at this point. All i can think about is that one sick goal he scored.

So Barbashev is something special and Scherbak is close to bust status??? :lol

Scherbak (22)
AHL 140gp 94p (82gp 55p)

Barbashev
AHL 131gp 75p (82gp 47p)

Scherbak hasn't played enough NHL games yet to compare them.

What has Kostin done to impress you so much? He's very much a B or C level prospect.

And guys like Kyrou who light up the OHL in their second post draft year are far from sure things. Thomas too... solid post draft year, but not crazy good. In fact his numbers were quite ordinary when he went to Hamilton.

Thomas and Kyrou alone is 2x better than what we have in our prospect pool . Overall their top 4 is significantly better than what we have .

There is a reason we were ranked 28th by the Hockey News Future Watch for prospects with only Mete as our only player 21 and under on our roster.

You can spew stats all you want , our prospect talent level is pathetic and among the worst in the league .

Thomas and Kyrou alone is 2x better than what we have in our prospect pool . Overall their top 4 is significantly better than what we have .

There is a reason we were ranked 28th by the Hockey News Future Watch for prospects with only Mete as our only player 21 and under on our roster.

You can spew stats all you want , our prospect talent level is pathetic and among the worst in the league .
Oh sure, if you ignore stats it's easy to argue.

I'm not trying to say we have as good or better prospects than the Blues... but those top 4 Blues prospects you named are not special.

And I would take Scherbak over Barbashev.

I will take my chances with those 4 and a top 7 ranking in the Hockey News over our 28th any day of the week .

How they turn out is anyone`s guess in time .

Back