• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Columbus 1/16 7:00

You have to go out and trade for an experienced veteran D if Dougie is toast. You have the picks and prospects so just do it.

Sadly We'll be marked as a mark due to the injury.. People will raise their prices...we'll be desperate.

They’ve let a bunch of friggin teams back in this race so it’s go time boys. Let’s see what you’re made of

While I was enjoying bitters tasting at The Bittery, the Canes were experiencing another bitter Metro disappointment. We have got to be better, or it will be a bitter end to the season. Sorry, I'm just riffing....

Yeah ... that sucked. You had to figure a proper injury was coming sooner or later, but ... ugh. That's gonna hurt.

That loss was hard to take and also completly unnecessary. When you hold your opponents to 18 shots you really need to win that game.
Losing sucks but the injury to Dougies is so much worse, so best of luck to him on a speedy recovery. Still I'm fine with them promoting a D from within, but I sure wouldn't mind an upgrade in goal at the moment.

The goaltending situation is really at a point where if you miss the playoffs this year, Dundon and company are going to have think long and hard this summer about finding a better alternative long term. You simply cannot keep hoping that mediocre goalies are going to be enough to get by and still think you can be a top team in the league.

FWIW, while goalie measure-ables are sketchy at best, if you combine Mrazek and Reimer's numbers the Canes are a hair above league average in net. We've also lost SEVEN games where the Canes scored 1 or 0 goals. That's at least as big a problem as the goaltending. I agree that one of those two needs to hit his gear soon, but right now the boys need to even out the scoring. It's been feast or famine.

FWIW, while goalie measure-ables are sketchy at best, if you combine Mrazek and Reimer's numbers the Canes are a hair above league average in net. We've also lost SEVEN games where the Canes scored 1 or 0 goals. That's at least as big a problem as the goaltending. I agree that one of those two needs to hit his gear soon, but right now the boys need to even out the scoring. It's been feast or famine.
Plus you can’t give up some of the chances we give up. Maybe only 19 shots but quite a few 10 bell chances. We seem to lose coverage in the worst ways. It’s not breakaways, it’s sudden change situations where it seems like things are covered and then all the sudden the puck carrier is loose inside the circles. I think a lot of that is that we have a lot of high skill guys who can usually make plays on the puck instead of taking the body. When they fail it’s bad news.

We don’t have to deal with that yet. Plenty of time to figure out how things are working without 19 between now and Feb 4.

In the short term, I think we’re standing pat. For the road trip, unless they make a trade, I suspect Forsling will be along for insurance.

In the short term, I think we’re standing pat. For the road trip, unless they make a trade, I suspect Forsling will be along for insurance.
Based on last night, I'm not sure how long you can roll out a Fleury/TVR pairing. They were the worst of a bad lot against the meekest of offensive teams in the Ducks. That was tough to watch.

Back