• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2023-24 Season

Cause its Montreal and they will not tolerate a half empty arena for home games.

Lucky for Ducharme though, he just started a new contract and took the team to the finals. Otherwise he would be gone by now.
I am so tired of hearing about what management or what the fans will or will not tolerate. They will tolerate whatever they have to tolerate. The front office won't tolerate a half empty arena? They're heading that way whether they like it or not. And fans won't tolerate a tank/rebuild? Again, they're getting that anyway. At some point everyone involved knew, or should have known, that it would eventually come to this and that events would simply take over. Talking about what someone or some group will or will not tolerate implies that they have a measure of control. They don't. No one does. This is a runaway dumpster fire. It cannot be stopped.

I am so tired of hearing about what management or what the fans will or will not tolerate. They will tolerate whatever they have to tolerate. The front office won't tolerate a half empty arena? They're heading that way whether they like it or not. And fans won't tolerate a tank/rebuild? Again, they're getting that anyway. At some point everyone involved knew, or should have known, that it would eventually come to this and that events would simply take over. Talking about what someone or some group will or will not tolerate implies that they have a measure of control. They don't. No one does. This is a runaway dumpster fire. It cannot be stopped.

The fans will tolerate a rebuild , the knobs in charge dont know how to do one

Fans will tolerate a rebuild, but that doesn't mean that they will fill up the arena. It's the cost to pay.
Well technically the Habs aren't rebuilding at the moment but they still suck enough that the arena isn't full. So if you're going to sell fewer tickets anyway why not do something which might set you up for success down the road instead of band-aiding your way along for another decade?

Here's the thing about Montreal and its people:

We don't like to be sold a false bill of goods. We don't like to be told that this team is supposed to be a contender, when it's clear for everyone to see that it isn't. And short of a two month stretch where everything nearly went right for this team last season, it was a detestable team and I think most didn't like watching them.

I fully believe Montreal would accept and welcome a rebuild. I also do think it'll be harder to sell tickets, for obvious reasons. We need to start drafting players, developing them - regardless of how much time it takes - the right way and to start having the real building blocks to a franchise that can achieve sustainable success.

Here's the thing about Montreal and its people:

We don't like to be sold a false bill of goods. We don't like to be told that this team is supposed to be a contender, when it's clear for everyone to see that it isn't. And short of a two month stretch where everything nearly went right for this team last season, it was a detestable team and I think most didn't like watching them.

I fully believe Montreal would accept and welcome a rebuild. I also do think it'll be harder to sell tickets, for obvious reasons. We need to start drafting players, developing them - regardless of how much time it takes - the right way and to start having the real building blocks to a franchise that can achieve sustainable success.

Yup , but it only starts when you embrace a rebuild

You can`t keep spewing shit with the same staff , needs a total overhaul

These knobs should of started the reboot in 2016 , at the same time this team hit the skids

Gally , Price , Petry , PK all moved in stages for Pacioretty type returns

Like Wehave mentions , this dumpster cant be contained anymore .

Well technically the Habs aren't rebuilding at the moment but they still suck enough that the arena isn't full. So if you're going to sell fewer tickets anyway why not do something which might set you up for success down the road instead of band-aiding your way along for another decade?
It’s not about tickets, it’s all about charging max price for luxury boxes, and from what I’ve been told, the org conducted a survey of luxury box owners recently (don’t know exactly when but sometime since beginning of the season) and near unanimous response was luxury boxes owners would not be renewing with a full out reconstruction.

Lower ticket prices 10% during rebuild and they'll still sell out.

A gut job will be have about 3/4 capacity until the team starts adding elite drafted talent

A $ 250 ticket dropped to $ 225 wont do much IMO

Many of the sold tickets will also have no shows meaning less food , beverage etc... per night

It’s not about tickets, it’s all about charging max price for luxury boxes, and from what I’ve been told, the org conducted a survey of luxury box owners recently (don’t know exactly when but sometime since beginning of the season) and near unanimous response was luxury boxes owners would not be renewing with a full out reconstruction.

They will jump off the rafters , problem solved

I don't blame them, I wouldn't either, but new different clients might be interested, at lower prices.

During the dog days of 1998-2004-ish, tickets were as low as $15 and there were always game day tickets available and the arena, attendance was running at about 20-21K, which was great for enabling less fortunate folks to enjoy games that they normally couldn't afford. I would expect about the same so we wouldn't be looking at 3/4 capacity but closer to 95% capacity.

During the dog days of 1998-2004-ish, tickets were as low as $15 and there were always game day tickets available and the arena, attendance was running at about 20-21K, which was great for enabling less fortunate folks to enjoy games that they normally couldn't afford. I would expect about the same so we wouldn't be looking at 3/4 capacity but closer to 95% capacity.
I remember those days. Enjoyed some games at the Bell Centre then... I even bought playoff tix in 2004!! Saw that game 3 win vs the Booins live in the first round (some of my friends attended the disaster next game though).

Meh, Weber got away with 10k cross checks give or take, he's gotta play the game now.

It's probably Jacobs behind it.

Back