• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

I take rumours with a grain of salt.

The media covering the NFL spent months trying to trade Justin Jefferson, even though there was a 0.01% chance of that happening

That doesn't, no.

But you know what is? Almost literally everything else.

Players in trade rumors that span this long always get traded. It's not like Zegras is a Pending UFA in 12 months and Anaheim doesn't know if they can keep him, so they're considering the value of trading him compared to keeping him. But he's 23, in his prime, and under team control for numerous years if they so choose.

They're clearly trying to trade him and get the most in return.
Not a Verbeek player for his roster

Dach & Newhook's situations are fun to look at, actually.

Chicago traded Dach to tank even further for Bedard and they might have had concerns about his injuries. We'll see what the future holds. If he turns into a first line winger (I don't think he's a center, but whatever) and has a long career, then they missed their evaluation on the situation. We'll never know if keeping Dach would have prevented them from drafting Bedard, so who knows.

Newhook's a poor example, though. Colorado traded him as a Cup contender because they didn't have the money to sign him. In an ideal world, they would have kept him.

The thing with Zegras & Johnson is, I can and will turn my nose to them if the asking price is too high. But if you're going to tell me that Anaheim would give me Zegras for Jayden Struble straight up? Then obviously, I'll do that deal and hope for the best. Problem is, though, Anaheim (according to reports, for what it's worth) is asking for either Reinbacher or Guhle in return.

If I can get Kent Johnson for a third round pick, then sure. I'll take that risk. But if the CBJ are trading him for a 1st round pick + a good prospect? Sorry, I'll gladly pass.
There is actually no reports that Johnson is on the market, it’s mostly the media trying to speculate on the next Hugo move.

Sure, but replace Kent Johnson with whatever other prospect / young player that might be on the trade block. Let's say Kaapo Kakko, for example's sake.

At this point in his career, would anyone be asking themselves questions if the Rangers cut bait with him? There's some speculation that the Rangers might not even give him a qualifying offer this summer.

Sure, but replace Kent Johnson with whatever other prospect / young player that might be on the trade block. Let's say Kaapo Kakko, for example's sake.

At this point in his career, would anyone be asking themselves questions if the Rangers cut bait with him? There's some speculation that the Rangers might not even give him a qualifying offer this summer.
Speculation by who? They are definitely giving him a QO.

I don't remember who specifically. The logic was, they would rather trade him before having to QO him as the belief is, he'd accept the QO and the Rangers don't want him at that salary, especially with the RFAs and holes they have to fill with the batch of UFAs. I believe the QO would be $2.4M, but I could be wrong.

Wonder if NYR / Habs make good trade partners - if move towards need to add size & truculence for NYR is accurate.

Is there a deal to be had w Anderson & Kaako being key pieces in some type of deal?

Back