• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

HHN/ESPN/TNT ... broadcasting access, tips and notes

Today I saw an offer that drops the price down to $108.99 for the season and takes the subscription to May 1st, 2026 for Fan Duel Sports South. Works out to be around $15.50 a month so almost a $5 a month savings. I went ahead and renewed for the season at that price point.
Oh how I hate FanDuel! I opened the app and tried to re-subscribe and it only gave me the annual of 179.99 or the 19.99 monthly. I found one of the adds on Instagram and it gave me the season pass option. So at least I saved some moola. Thanks for the heads up.
 
Oh how I hate FanDuel! I opened the app and tried to re-subscribe and it only gave me the annual of 179.99 or the 19.99 monthly. I found one of the adds on Instagram and it gave me the season pass option. So at least I saved some moola. Thanks for the heads up.
Yeah, I was gonna post about that. Looks like you HAVE to access the discount offer from either Instagram or Facebook, otherwise you only get the base rate. What a stupid, stupid business model.
 
Today I saw an offer that drops the price down to $108.99 for the season and takes the subscription to May 1st, 2026 for Fan Duel Sports South. Works out to be around $15.50 a month so almost a $5 a month savings. I went ahead and renewed for the season at that price point.
Thanks for the tip. I went on FB and ordered the $108.99 for the season a few moments ago.
 
I needed to use the app last night, but as 1 of the 5 people left in the world with a cable subscription, I didn’t have to pay for it. I got what I paid for though, the feed cut out just as the shootout started.
 
Pretty sure they've never not been for sale ... in that everybody who has been saddled with those money losing dogs in the last decade would happily have sold them if it didn't mean taking a financial bath
 
If Main Street Sports doesn’t sell to DAZN, they’ll wind down and close at the end of the NBA and NHL seasons. The missed a rights payment to the St. Louis Cardinals this month and out all future rights payments in question.

 
This all feels like a house of cards about to fall down. The teams rely on media rights money, but I don't think what media companies promised are deliverable. That's going to all cascade down to individual team budgets, right? Obviously, the big market teams like NYC and Toronto will be just fine, but what about us?
 
As long as FanDuel doesn’t shut down the gambling app we’re ok. I’m cleaning house. I’m not a big gambler but I’ve won some cash this year. I put $100 bucks in to start and then I just put the $100 back in my bank account and bet using my winnings. I do the same thing if i go to a casino. If I lose my initial amount I set aside I’m done. If not I’ll bankrupt my family lol
 
From Sports Business Journal, it looks like talks with DAZN collapsed over their desire to extend rights deals through the 2028-29 season, including digital rights. Main Street asked teams to take a 20% rights fee reduction this year and defer the payiemtns until the 2nd or 3rd quarter. The combined Main Street/DAZN requested that NBA and NHL teams enter a 50/50 profit share with a minimum guaurantee and a further rights fee reduction for the 2027-28 season.

The article also notes that Fubo has emerged as a bidder but that is disputed by othersources.

 
I read a piece by a Cardinals writer than indicated that the reason those 9 MLB teams keep subjecting themselves to this torture is that MLB’s in house option only pays like 75 cents on the dollar without any option to increase payments if there’s better than projected viewership numbers. Some if not all of the MLB teams that were still with Main Street were already doing a 50/50 profit split of some kind of another. Some of them actually had some equity in the deal.
 
Back
Top