• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

League and Rules Discussion

I believe that we had settled on a maximum of 4 reserves. However, when I look at the rules thread it says 5.

So lets go with 5.

That said, it's been brought to my attention that some teams have been carrying 6 or 7.... that must be rectified immediately.

I have changed the settings to make any roster with more than 5 reserves illegal.

So it seems people keep exceeding GP. I just want to check to see if I should keep managing my roster to be careful not to exceed the limits or purposely exceed them instead. I'm good either way.

Yeah, 3 this week:

Cheech
Mindz
Voracek Norris

Little bit jumpy about it seeing how I'm playing 2/3 those guys next week and I'll be pissed if I lose a close matchup due to one of them exceeding the limits. Gotta keep my perfect record intact. :smilewinkgrin:

We're 6 weeks into this thing, can't claim ignorance of the rules anymore.

Well yeah but I didn't play Cheech or Mindz last week. I'm playing them this week.

Just do what Shane does in the other H2H league - dock 5 pts per overage. It'll fix that little red wagon real quick

you shouldnt be able to exceed the limits according to fantrax ...it says

If the maximum number of games played has been exceeded for a particular position during any Scoring Period, all players set to that position on the Team Roster screen will no longer accumulate any more stats/points beginning the day after the maximum was met or exceeded, for the remainder of that Scoring Period.

Hey guys ...i'm srk btw .

Problem is when you have one remaining game at a particular position heading into a day... You can start 6 guys that day and get credit for all those points.

What's an srk?

that is my name in the pool... you may also know me as pete ;) ...i need to change that terrible team name tho :(

So this is still happening.

Should we make it an automatic forfeit? 5 point penalty for every game over? It has to be harsh. It's ridiculous that it keeps happening.

I'd consider a five-point penalty for every game over harsh (so I'd go with that).

The biggest deficit right now is 18 points, so could definitely swing matchups.

Okay, unless I hear an realistic argument against that.... I think we'll start doing that immediately. We're more than far enough into the season for everyone to have their shit sorted out.

Yup, do it. Send out an email saying it starts being enforced in the next scoring period and call it a day.

Last edited:
So after going through the teams I have subtracted 10 points from Assassins for going 2 games over on defense and Voracek Norris for going 1 game over on D.

I'm tempted to go back and do this retroactively for the entire season.

I wouldn't be opposed to doing it retroactively, HP. I may have gone over at some point, too. I'm not 100% sure. Is there a way to see the details on the app? I've only been able to find it via the desktop site.

Mind you, I'm also an idiot, so I'm sure it has been staring me right in the face and I simply keep missing it...

I don't think it's available on the app.

The problem with doing it retroactively is that there was never a mention of a penalty until 2 weeks ago. So I'm not sure we should punish retroactively. On the other hand... the rules on games played were very clear.

What I might do is go back and subtract 5 points for every game over for the week before this one as well. Then for all the previous infractions I will just subtract 2.5 points per infraction. Since that's going to be closer to the benefit they received... and they can't really complain that they were over punished.

The app is ****ing terrible.

I emailed them and they said a redesign is in the works, but who knows how long that will take.

Back