• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

League and Rules Discussion

Has anyone talked on wether or not we will be able to move up and down in the draft. Obviously it would have to have two picks going either way. IE. 5th round + 15th round for 9th round and 10th round

Or is this just trying to over engineer things
Thoughts

Looking over the settings, not a huge deal but this one should be modified. Unless I am missing something re: the rules, should be set at 5 minutes before the first game on Monday, rather than at 12:05 a.m.

- "Lineup Changes are locked every Monday at 12:05 am for the upcoming Lineup Period"

I've tweaked the goalie stats again. I upped the points for saves and dropped wins all the way down to 0.2 points.

Cheech has suggested that dmen are too highly valued. Should we consider lowering dman scoring slightly? Forwards are getting .55 per goal/assist. Dmen at .65.... should we consider putting dmen at .6?

Cheech has suggested that dmen are too highly valued. Should we consider lowering dman scoring slightly? Forwards are getting .55 per goal/assist. Dmen at .65.... should we consider putting dmen at .6?

35 d men in top 100 scores in pool i think that about right. 16 goalies in top 100. That leaves 49 forwards. Real close I don't think any need to mess with it

So $71.4M plus 20% is $85.68M ceiling and a $52.8M floor equals a $63.63M floor for this season.

I'm over that. I can work around it and draft differently. The problem I just came across is that as I understand we eliminate buyouts and you can just drop a player. This isn't realistic. There isn't a lot if free agent activity during the season in the nhl and there shouldn't be here if we are trying to mimmick the real thing. If we just keep adding and dropping players we are right back at a normal fantasy league.

Although, we may have to manually enforce the floor. I don't see an option for a cap floor on Fantrax.

I'm over that. I can work around it and draft differently. The problem I just came across is that as I understand we eliminate buyouts and you can just drop a player. This isn't realistic. There isn't a lot if free agent activity during the season in the nhl and there shouldn't be here if we are trying to mimmick the real thing. If we just keep adding and dropping players we are right back at a normal fantasy league.

Except there's a cap... that will limit that movement to a degree.

I can't see any reason to not allow free agent pick ups.

I'm not saying don't allow free agent pickups, but if you are limited by roster spaces and the cap, you have to think about who you sign and you can't just drop someone. A team in the nhl can't just say, you know what player A, I see player B as a free agent and he might be better than you. So don't show up tomorrow.

At first I was with you but then some other members brought up some really good points. The average team will make 10-20 moves per season on top of if you have 3-5 players who get a crazy raise in a year what do you do buy them all out. Cost 5 mil in buyouts for who know how long. To much that is out of our control.

I'm not saying don't allow free agent pickups, but if you are limited by roster spaces and the cap, you have to think about who you sign and you can't just drop someone. A team in the nhl can't just say, you know what player A, I see player B as a free agent and he might be better than you. So don't show up tomorrow.

Only thing that I would look at is a player over 4 mil has to be bought out and under can be switched with no penalty. But this is something that we should have disgust a few weeks back.

Only reason I use 4 mil is I would say for the most part that's where you get a quality player Vs a roster player. And yes their are exceptions to every rule. Thanks to all that we're going to point that out

I'd love to have had a league where we sign players (via auction) and been very in depth and as close to real the NHL as possible... but not many people were interested in that kind of detail.

As long as you're cap compliant you can add and drop players.

I wouldn't mind seeing goalie win points restored back up to 0.5. Save % is far and away the most important goalie stat, but I do think goalie wins as a statistic has value in fantasy hockey leagues, especially head to head.

At first I was with you but then some other members brought up some really good points. The average team will make 10-20 moves per season on top of if you have 3-5 players who get a crazy raise in a year what do you do buy them all out. Cost 5 mil in buyouts for who know how long. To much that is out of our control.

Teams will make moves to send players down to their farm team. Which we have too. New contracts don't go into effect until the off season, at which point you can drop the player that got a raise if you choose with no penalty. This system works in the NHL and I don't see why it shouldn't here. If we wanna make a league that's as close to the real thing, why not use the system the real thing has in place?

So with this being a daily changes H2H league we'll have to make sure teams are not streaming players.

Should we put a limit on moves or just trust that nobody will try to game the system?

Back