• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Around the League - Playoffs 2018

The real choke job is CBJ. Panarin was invisible after game 2

Last edited:
Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2018

Its a choke job for sure not to finish off a 3-1 series lead in 6.

Preds could use the rest though.

Not really. Bruins and Leafs are evenly matched. Game 7 was always a strong possibility.

Not really. Bruins and Leafs are evenly matched. Game 7 was always a strong possibility.

Evenly matched for sure, but if you're up 3-1, you need to be able to close out the series.

Good teams do that.

Winny and tampa in 5

Nashville and penguins in 6.

Got to knock them out when you have them on the ropes.

Unless the long game here is to get the leafs up/4-1 with 5 minutes left in the third and completely crush the soul of leafs nation.

That game 5 was a massive miss for Boston. 6-1 in PPs and they lost when they were up 3-1 in the series at home.

The Bruins have lost their hold on the series for sure. Coming out flat for even one game can cost a team dearly, as in game 5. Then a goalie gets hot, you start missing the net in game 6.... too little margin for error, and it all goes to crap. But I've kind of enjoyed watching the series as I revel in both teams screwing up.

Why is Bill Peters a coach in demand? Seems he had options. Calgary jumps on him right away. He has never made the playoffs. A less than imposing roster sure and probably little money spent in Carolina on the team, but lots of guys have done better with as much and lost their jobs. Not saying he's not a good coach, just wondering why he is perceived that way.

Why is Bill Peters a coach in demand? Seems he had options. Calgary jumps on him right away. He has never made the playoffs. A less than imposing roster sure and probably little money spent in Carolina on the team, but lots of guys have done better with as much and lost their jobs. Not saying he's not a good coach, just wondering why he is perceived that way.

I was asking myself the same thing...I was wondering if I was missing something.

The guy has done nothing in Carolina

It's hard to find an experienced coach who speaks English

because he coached with babcock?

/shrug

The real choke job is CBJ. Panarin was invisible after game 2

well when the jackets only have one player it is easier to adjust

also not sure it is a choke as the only games teh jackets won were OT games - could have easily went the other way

What turned the CBJ series was Larsypoo's OT goal in game 3.

Columbus was dominating OT in game 3. Washington had almost no pressure while every time Panarin was on the ice, he was flying. Then, second OT, Washington gets a rare opportunity and one lucky bounce later, it's in the net. Columbus didn't show up for game 4 and the series was more or less over after that.

What turned the CBJ series was Larsypoo's OT goal in game 3.

Columbus was dominating OT in game 3. Washington had almost no pressure while every time Panarin was on the ice, he was flying. Then, second OT, Washington gets a rare opportunity and one lucky bounce later, it's in the net. Columbus didn't show up for game 4 and the series was more or less over after that.

Holtby also benefited from the time off.

He came into this series fresh and it showed.

Back