• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2018

what are you smoking? no reason to overthink it. Preds built a good team but many players weren't good enough in the playoffs. A guy like Turris was brought in for secondary scoring -- he collected 3 measly assists (and zero goals) in 13 playoff games. Bigly, Rennie went from a .927 reg season to .904.

try again next season

This isn't about the preds, its about the jets :lol

I don’t entirely agree with this...

Pens had a borderline AHL defense and still won the Cup....Preds just couldn’t score, and this year was no different.

In today’s NHL, offense wins Championships. Tampa, Caps, Jets have lots of it...and Vegas was also amongst the top offensive team this year (i believe in the top 10)

Jets can't score on MAF and are getting dummied.

So much for that.

Nashville`s problem is secondary scoring . Except Forsberg your missing another game breaking creative scorer.

It was obvious in the finals and against the Peg this year . On radio talk shows most analysts I hear all said said the same thing .

" Can Nashville score enough goals" . In 3 of your losses you scored 4 goals and many on your top 6 didnt contribute enough .

Scheiffle, Laine , Wheeler , Ehlers Connor is >>>> than your big 5

Regardless if they are not producing or not the talent level and game breaking capability is not the same .

And now the jets can't get any secondary scoring. They must be flawed and missing game breaking forwards.

winny is your 3rd favourite team? sorry, I can't keep up.

What, do we only talk about flaws in the teams I like?

I'm watching this Winnipeg series and they are being straight up dummied by the knights. Every time the jets bring pressure for 15 minutes to get a goal, the knights use their quick strike offense to knock them out again.

The jets 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines might as well not even be playing.

Hellebuck has turned into hell-a-suck.

The problems the jets exposed in nashville are being laid out in Winnipeg. I for one think its wonderful to watch the jets get dismantled like this.

Last edited:

And now the jets can't get any secondary scoring. They must be flawed and missing game breaking forwards.

That top 5 is still miles ahead of Nashville`s .....they might make it back and produce

You still need help to fill your flaw

That top 5 is still miles ahead of Nashville`s .....they might make it back and produce

You still need help to fill your flaw

Again, don't know why anyone is talking about nashville when its Winnipeg getting dummied.

What, do we only talk about flaws in the teams I like?

I'm watching this Winnipeg series and they are being straight up dummied by the knights. Every time the jets bring pressure for 15 minutes to get a goal, the knights use their quick strike offense to knock them out again.

The jets 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines might as well not even be playing.

Hellebuck has turned into hell-a-suck.

The problems the jets exposed in nashville are being laid out in Winnipeg. I for one think its wonderful to watch the jets get dismantled like this.

The Jets may need a full blown rebuild just like the Leafs did.

We laugh but we're about 5-7 years away from competing with those guys, at which point probably other teams will be in contention.

Around the League - Playoffs 2018

Habs will squeak into the playoffs next year off the backs of Weber and Price and half the fans will forget all about a rebuild that was never coming.

Habs will squeak into the playoffs next year off the backs of Weber and Price and half the fans will forget all about a rebuild that was never coming.

Habs will start off strong, then fade ade is second half as Price and Weber come back to earth.

Ya, we will sign a mediocre FA or two. Price will obviously be better next year, and we'll have Weber. It's going to be a first round exit, but then we can always say we made the playoffs and we're only still 2-3 players short so we can't rebuild.

We laugh but we're about 5-7 years away from competing with those guys, at which point probably other teams will be in contention.

Yup and thats only if things go right and we start hitting on draft picks .

You are seeing what developing a competent core is all about in these playoffs minus the Vegas one in a million odds .

bandaiding gets you nowhere

I just hope they stay in the playoff race at least into November.

I just hope we aren't out of it by October 20 like last season

10 goals in 5 games for those dynamic, powerhouse jets offense....

LOL

Back