• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Full marks to the Habs on the sweep - but that was a dream match up.

Tampa didn't have their starting goalie, Stamkos is still recovering, and they are a team devoid of veteran leadership. Add in the fact that Montreals crowd calls penalties for the refs and they didn't stand a chance.

Looking forward to Habs Boston.

"Full marks.... but waaaaaaaa"

Babies-Cry.jpg

00396450e6a009e21f69492c4a3cfd81eadf0d2cbe21f0bac63469544ccb8ddb_large

GIF illustrates this forum right now; Rangers are the Habs posters and the crowd are the Leafs/Sens posters lol

:lol Hahaha no doubt.

To be fair, the vast majority of Leaf fans on here, if not all have been totally fine. I can't think of any of really making excuses. Sen fans on the other hand have been whiny bitches.

:lol Hahaha no doubt.

To be fair, the vast majority of Leaf fans on here, if not all have been totally fine. I can't think of any of really making excuses. Sen fans on the other hand have been whiny bitches.
I've barely posted for the past 10 days. Been insanely busy. Maybe 4 posts related to this series?

I'm actually enjoying the pictures a lot. It's not like you've come close to attempting anything that remotely resembles and honest discussion.

The important issues are that the Habs were the much better team in all 4 games and swept the series. You want to cherry pick calls and non calls and one injury as if it means something.

If you watched the games you'd have seen that the Habs had their share of bad calls against and missed calls for Tampa. It's nothing unique to the Habs or any other team. NHL officiating is very inconsistent.

Do you even want to discuss important issues in the games, or just post pictures the entire time?

The Habs won four games in a row and are moving on to the second round. The most important issue, in each game.

But I mean, feel free to continue moping about back-up goaltending and the refs.

Richards and Quick IMO. Quick has been God awful in the series. Montreal looks great but team to beat is still Boston. Winner of that series will go to the Finals

i think montreal is the only team in the east that can stop the bruins

west is going to kill themselves getting to the final and boston will probably coast in and win the cup

habs must beat them

That Pacioretty tip was a real backbreaker.. must've been nuts at the Bell Centre last night.

Do you even want to discuss important issues in the games, or just post pictures the entire time?

when you say dumb shit like "trip/dive"

ya... pictures...pretty obvious you want to troll and not discuss anything

Yeah it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see that series go 7... and maybe even an injury or two. Give Sans(playoffs) fans more reasons to whine about the Habs easy playoffs matchups.

The Habs were the better team in that series - I even picked them to win (I have Subban and Price in my pool) but that series shouldn't have been a sweep and Habs fans certainly seem to be priming themselves for a trip the finals if this thread is any indication.

You can say that my complaints are stupid all you want - but we are consistently seeing critical calls go in the Habs favour (and it's been an 18 month trend) that just blow my mind.

That call with 2 minutes left, after the entire game was left wide open, is inexcusable.

The Habs were the better team in that series - I even picked them to win (I have Subban and Price in my pool) but that series shouldn't have been a sweep and Habs fans certainly seem to be priming themselves for a trip the finals if this thread is any indication.

You can say that my complaints are stupid all you want - but we are consistently seeing critical calls go in the Habs favour (and it's been an 18 month trend) that just blow my mind.

That call with 2 minutes left, after the entire game was left wide open, is inexcusable.

Brooklyn Habs?

The Habs won 3 one goal games vs a Tampa team missing their starting goalie.

Hang a banner up for this massive dominant win! It all you'll be getting in this playoffs anyways.

Back