• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

you asked me not to.

A few things to clear up here.

First, you said you didn't want to do it before I said not to do it. You wanted "better" teams

Second, I said not to do it because of your fancy stat nonsense. The rocket Richard is not given to the player with the best GF/60

Third, since when have you ever listened to me?

A few things to clear up here.

First, you said you didn't want to do it before I said not to do it. You wanted "better" teams

Second, I said not to do it because of your fancy stat nonsense. The rocket Richard is not given to the player with the best GF/60

Third, since when have you ever listened to me?

your wish was my command.

I don`t think the Leafs can sustain this pace, you`re right.

Funny part is that at the end of the year, there's a great chance that the Leafs will be closer to their current pace than either of the other teams will be to theirs.

Leafs on pace for 140 points. If you end up around 110, means you're 30 points off.
Others on pace for around 115 points. Pretty sure I'd still take the under on 85 points for either.

Altair, I'm not sure you can really come here and bust balls about Montreal's unexpectedly good record so far, after spending the entire summer as one of the biggest doom-and-gloom Hab fans on the site, and constantly openly rooting for a Jack Hughes-winning tank season.

I think we all know the bubble is going to burst for Montreal eventually.

You'll just have to hope it's soon enough that the Habs don't end up securing the 17th overall draft pick.

Altair, I'm not sure you can really come here and bust balls about Montreal's unexpectedly good record so far, after spending the entire summer as one of the biggest doom-and-gloom Hab fans on the site, and constantly openly rooting for a Jack Hughes-winning tank season.

I think we all know the bubble is going to burst for Montreal eventually.

You'll just have to hope it's soon enough that the Habs don't end up securing the 17th overall draft pick.
The bubble is going to burst, the habs will just miss out on the playoffs and they will end up with a garbage pick come draft time because the time where they should be doing their best not to win, before Webers return, they are banking points. I've accepted this. I never really supported not having a habs leafs sens thread because the habs and sens are on their down cycle, because for the near decade of the leafs being garbage and the habs and sens mostly making the playoffs there was one.

That said, that was zekes rational for not making one, so it's interesting to watch as the habs and sens make a mockery of that in the early part of the season.

But yes, it's depressing to watch the habs throw away their chances at a elite player, BT in Ottawa looking like a legit hockey player while Kotkaniemi has all of 2 assists and being buried without PP time, only to probably ending up as a bubble team on the wrong side of the playoff cut off.

But I've been playing the hell out of Odyssey and watching the Preds kick ass so the pain is somewhat dulled.

Habs won the Detroit Cup last night, after being back to back Pittsburgh Cup champs.

I think some credit is due.

Back