• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

right, but you would have been first in line with "reality check" and "coming back to earth" had the Leafs lost to the Caps or Kings.

Hey, it was LOF who was questioning the teams the habs beat. I was simply pointing out that other than the capitals and kings(8th seed, swept), none of the teams the leafs have played to date even made the post season last year.

Hey, it was LOF who was questioning the teams the habs beat. I was simply pointing out that other than the capitals, none of the team the leafs have played to date even made the post season last year.

didn't LAK make the playoffs?

Hey, it was LOF who was questioning the teams the habs beat. I was simply pointing out that other than the capitals and kings(8th seed, swept), none of the teams the leafs have played to date even made the post season last year.

I don't know what your point is though. they play whoever's on the schedule.

if it's that you think this start is a mirage due to poor competition, good luck with that.

What? I was suggesting that more accolades were due on account of your regular season one-game tournament championships of the past week.

What do you think the habs good start is a result of?

They skate hard every shift. First on the puck more often than not and are playing as a team. They are winning with below average goaltending too.

That said, I don't see them maintaining their frenetic on-ice pace all year long.

Oilers started in Sweden, returned on a road trip and haven't played a home game yet. Also came from behind to beat the Jets tonight. Still hella-early.

Nah, they're pretty shit. McDavid should keep them from being tragic, but that's not a good looking lineup.

RNH-Jesus-Rattie
Kwasi-Drais-Yamamoto
Caggiula-Strome-PoolParty
Rieder-Brodziak-Khaira

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Benning-Garrison

Talbot

Other than the 1st line, which by virtue of McDavid is above average as a 1st line, is there anything above average on that team? 2nd line with Lucic and Yamamoto? Nope. Klefbom-Larsson as a top pairing? Nope. Talbot in net? Nope.

It's a bottom 8 team and McDavid.

McDavid broke the record for most consecutive team goals a player was in on to start the season. By 2. So yeah if he scores 4 a game they have a shot.

Its amazing anyone there still has a job.

p.s. Byfuglien is awesome, and the jets miss him terribly.

their defense corps is a horrorshow without him (and enstrom) this year.

Ducks sign Jake Dotchin to 1 year deal, has to clear waivers in order to join the team. He was penciled into the Lighntings top 4 before his contract was terminated. Will be interesting to see if he cleaned up

Back