• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

It was stupid to let him go. Even dumber not giving him the two years he requested initially.

Not to mention Max looks totally useless without Radulov. But maybe thats why Radulov left, he was tired of doing all the dirty work to feed Max's goal production. Radulov is showing in Dallas he can score some himself.

Max has 4 straight 30 goals seasons , missing Radu is not why he isn't scoring .

He is simply a streaky floater who goes cold for long stretches .

Maybe just maybe we are seeing his start to decline as he gets closer to 30 .

Max has 4 straight 30 goals seasons , missing Radu is not why he isn't scoring .

He is simply a streaky floater who goes cold for long stretches .

Maybe just maybe we are seeing his start to decline as he gets closer to 30 .

I think he is not letting us know his body is a bit fragile now, hence his reluctance to drive to the net and pay the price. By the way its Max who said he had to completely adjust his game after Radu left, said Radu was the best player in the world protecting the puck. Max just needed to go to the open areas and he knew Radu would somehow get him the puck.

I think he is not letting us know his body is a bit fragile now, hence his reluctance to drive to the net and pay the price. By the way its Max who said he had to completely adjust his game after Radu left, said Radu was the best player in the world protecting the puck. Max just needed to go to the open areas and he knew Radu would somehow get him the puck.
And yet he was able to score 30 goals with DD. Maybe we should get him back.

And yet he was able to score 30 goals with DD. Maybe we should get him back.

Until other teams adjusted to their schtick. However, I have no doubt if Radulov was still here, any line with both Max and Radu would be the top line on the team today. I mean there are other factors here as well. Not having an assists machine like Subban around has probably hurt his production as well.

Last edited:

I see Uncle Lou has his Leafs playing like the old Devils, boring hockey reliant on the goalie. Only one goal against the lowly Red Wings so far.

Mikhail Sergachev is the fourth rookie defenseman in NHL history to score 5 game-winning-goal in a season.
(Dion Phaneuf holds the record for a rookie defenseman with 7 GWG in 2005-2006)

Sergachev now has 8 goals.
(2nd among all defensemen in the NHL)

Mikhail Sergachev is the fourth rookie defenseman in NHL history to score 5 game-winning-goal in a season.
(Dion Phaneuf holds the record for a rookie defenseman with 7 GWG in 2005-2006)

Sergachev now has 8 goals.
(2nd among all defensemen in the NHL)
Nice to see that we can draft all stars again.

Word on the street, announcement as early as this week, Isles ownership will be awarded Belmont site, thus paving the way for a new arena & one would assume reupping of Tavares.

Word on the street, announcement as early as this week, Isles ownership will be awarded Belmont site, thus paving the way for a new arena & one would assume reupping of Tavares.

Bergevin and Molson's plan just went up in flames....

Back to relying on Price to carry us to the Cup....

In the meantime, Vegas is 2 points out from 1st place, having played with 3rd string goalies most of the year.

Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

Gérard Gallant > Claude Julien

looks like all the legacy heralded coaches are having a tough go of it - Babcock seems to be getting ripped by Toronto media, not much better in Edmonton.

Wonder if NCAA coach fad will pick up even more steam?

Last edited:
Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

Newsday reporting a news conference is expected today, with Gov. Andrew Cuomo on hand - site will either be home to Islanders new arena or NYC FC soccer team.

Back