• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

I don't disagree with you but Revenant will not trade all veterans for picks which might or might not be on the team in 4 years and most of our guys are not good enough to trade for NHL ready guys. He will therefore keep them and trade maybe an expiring contract like Plekanec for a 2nd and a low ranked AHL bag carrier.

Agreed, people shouldn't think it's engraved in stone that Max will be traded.

Pleks on the other hand will but with another year left on his deal MB will only move Max if he gets an offer that blows him away.

Radulov is on pace of his best season in career, 30 g and 75 pts.

More or less predictable , considering the quality of forwards he gets to play with. Radulov wasn't dumb, he knew he could avoid paying more taxes and pad his scoring stats by signing in Dallas.

I don't disagree with you but Revenant will not trade all veterans for picks which might or might not be on the team in 4 years and most of our guys are not good enough to trade for NHL ready guys. He will therefore keep them and trade maybe an expiring contract like Plekanec for a 2nd and a low ranked AHL bag carrier.

But he should. This is why we need a new GM.

Has nothing to do with a new GM.

ownership wants to compete as of next year.
This.

You have to stop thinking that this course of action has anything to do with the individual who happens to occupy the GM's office at any given time. This is an ORGANIZATIONAL mindset that supersedes the person in charge of carrying out its mandate. A different GM would be different in name only. The Habs as an organization only do things one way. If you want to work for them you do the job the way you're told or you don't work there anymore.

Ownership has decreed that this team DOES NOT AND WILL NOT REBUILD. Not today. Not any day. So if and when Bergevin is fired don't expect the next guy to act any differently.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

More or less predictable , considering the quality of forwards he gets to play with. Radulov wasn't dumb, he knew he could avoid paying more taxes and pad his scoring stats by signing in Dallas.

Naw, Radulov could hit 70 points in Montreal too. Bergevin was stupid.

This.

You have to stop thinking that this course of action has anything to do with the individual who happens to occupy the GM's office at any given time. This is an ORGANIZATIONAL mindset that supersedes the person in charge of carrying out its mandate. A different GM would be different in name only. The Habs as an organization only do things one way. If you want to work for them you do the job the way you're told or you don't work there anymore.

Ownership has decreed that this team DOES NOT AND WILL NOT REBUILD. Not today. Not any day. So if and when Bergevin is fired don't expect the next guy to act any differently.

Haha, no worries, if one fails to rebuild a rebuild is forced upon them.

The leafs only rebuilt for 3 seasons, the rest of the time they were trying to make the playoffs and simply sucking.

I'm sure that if the Habs don't rebuild they will simply suck until they are forced to rebuild. In the end it doesn't really matter, one route takes more time and results in terrible decisions being made but at the of the day its going to happen.

One can only slow the sinking of a ship for so long.

With this team a commitment to rebuilding goes out the window as soon as they go on a three game win streak or get within shouting distance of a playoff spot. They can't help themselves.

With this team a commitment to rebuilding goes out the window as soon as they go on a three game win streak or get within shouting distance of a playoff spot. They can't help themselves.

And they will pay the piper, I'm not worried about that.

I'm sure that if the Habs don't rebuild they will simply suck until they are forced to rebuild. In the end it doesn't really matter, one route takes more time and results in terrible decisions being made but at the of the day its going to happen.

The entire strategy behind defense first criteria is that it traditionally has decreased the probability of suckage.

And they will pay the piper, I'm not worried about that.

I have a fear we are not going to fire anyone, people in our organization need to low five after wins, give the press the finger, ask a Beliveau out, donate to a foundation, decide to test the market etc

A 3 game winning streak doesn't get them within shouting distinct of a playoff spot.

I have a fear we are not going to fire anyone, people in our organization need to low five after wins, give the press the finger, ask a Beliveau out, donate to a foundation, decide to test the market etc

And you can’t just donate to a foundation, you have to donate the right way.

Pernell Karl learned it the hard way.

Probably did not help that he did not low five the right way either.
#TripleLowFive

subban_price640.jpg

No worries.

According to wehave he's not worth the money.

Not on this sinking ship . He is fine at 25 not at 32 with no centres and a porous defence.

Give me Benn and Seguin and a better team .....he is fine now.

I think this time it maybe different. It might be a minuscule chance but a philosophy change might be in order.

This team has never been this shit ass bad across the board in many many years.

We had some stability and a small buffer to get by and patch for a while.

A younger healthier and more consistent 31 , 76 and 79 as top pair D , 14 was a legit 2C , and some depth in the minors and a reasonable prospect base .

Our offensive and transition game was never this shit ass bad .

So following the same Hab philosophy path as other regimes was passible with a team that wasn't in our current mess.

What is a new GM going to do besides watch the ship fall to the bottom of the ocean . Other than clearing the deck with 67 and others , there is fcuk all anyone can do to turn this ship around when you have zero assets in the system or time on your side to ride it out.

So maybe a different mindset will be on the horizon , albeit a small chance.

Haha, no worries, if one fails to rebuild a rebuild is forced upon them.

The leafs only rebuilt for 3 seasons, the rest of the time they were trying to make the playoffs and simply sucking.

Exactly , the path should of started many years ago with unloading Komi , Souray ,etc....then Markov , Pleks and others along the way .

It cost us a minimum of 5 firsts plus picks and prospects . The only thing that held us together was 31 and he can't do it anymore with no support.

Back