• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Offseason 2017

Penguins, Penguins, Hawks, Kings, Hawks, Kings, Bruins, Hawks, Penguins.

Parity.

Parity is about the gap between elite teams and other teams getting smaller.

Parity is about Ottawa taking the oh so great Pittsburgh Penguins to a game 7 overtime.

Parity is about 16th seed Nashville making it to the Stanley Cup Finals.

There is much more to NHL's #parity than looking up at the last Stanley Cup winners.

Elliotte Friedman:
ANA has put Simon Despres on waivers to be bought out.

Around the League - Offseason 2017

Despres could be an interesting (cheap) add, if he's over his concussion issues...

Pierre LeBrun:
Despres had four more years on his contract at $3.7 million a year. This will help open up more room for Fowler's expected extension...

Despres is a weird case. I can't remember a player going through such hard times in one team to suddenly playing so damn well on another when he was traded to Anaheim. That year he was their most used d-man in the playoffs and he was really, really good too.

All depending on his price/health, I'd take a long look at him.

Despres is a weird case. I can't remember a player going through such hard times in one team to suddenly playing so damn well on another when he was traded to Anaheim. That year he was their most used d-man in the playoffs and he was really, really good too.

All depending on his price/health, I'd take a long look at him.

Can't see him getting a huge deal, I'd take a look

Can't see him getting a huge deal, I'd take a look

Just need one or two others teams to be interested to start a bidding war.

But I agree, I don't see him getting anything other than a one year deal on the cheap.

What is his injury situation anyway? Is he completely healthy or will there be a fight over his eligibility to be bought out a la Cowen?

What is his injury situation anyway? Is he completely healthy or will there be a fight over his eligibility to be bought out a la Cowen?

i have no idea what the doctors are saying now, but he had a concussion most of 2015-16.... came back and played one game in October 2016.... then missed the rest of the season with concussion symptoms again.

I could definetely see a fight.

The Coyotes have acquired Nick Cousins and Merrick Madsen from the Flyers for Brendan Warren and a fifth-round pick.

Last edited:

It would be a cap hit of 900k, no? Ducks eat the rest? Maybe worth a look.

He will be a pure free agent on July 1st. He can sign for any amount.

He played like 40 games in 15-16, and only 1 last year.

At a cheap price he could be ok... I mean if he gets another concussion its LTIR. But you have to use him as depth. He can't be counted on to be a top 4 cause you could lose him at any moment.

Around the League - Offseason 2017

Aaron Portzline of Columbus Dispatch reporting leaked info:

CBJ have come to terms with LV on a deal that would send a 1st rounder + prospect (not named Dubois or Milano) along with one of Calvert, Ryan Murray, or Karlsson and perhaps even Clarksons contract as long as LV does not claim any of Anderson, Korpisalo, Jack Johnson or Savard

Back