• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Hurricanes @ Oilers 9:30

Tryamw

When? who cares I already showed more effective effort then the team at least based on last night.

Sorry Judge.

What to expect? Oilers victory

Why? Cause we have completely forgotten how to play D since last season. (Not saying we were good then but wow.)
Offense is non existant

/shrug That's all from me tonight I'll be drinking instead of watching.

Re: GDT: Hurricanes @ Oilers

Maybe to isn't will be the night.
We had a preview of halloween last night.

The Halloween stores are selling semin masks this year. It makes the wearer invisible.
They tried some Faulk masks but then they couldn't hold onto their candy bag or even find their way down a sidewalk.

Yeah ... this would be a good one to skip entirely. Think I will, thanks.

When? who cares I already showed more effective effort then the team at least based on last night.

Sorry Judge.

What to expect? Oilers victory

Why? Cause we have completely forgotten how to play D since last season. (Not saying we were good then but wow.)
Offense is non existant

/shrug That's all from me tonight I'll be drinking instead of watching.

No need to apologise to me. Before the trip started I considered making the trip north to catching the game in Edmonton. Because I used to take pride in never missing a game that the boys played in Alberta live. now I might not even watch this game on tv tonight. After watching what I saw live in the Dome last night... I don't know if I can stomach another shyte show like that again. twice within 24 hours... ugh.

:cheers2:
Raymond:smash:

Good thing I'm doing #pitcrew duty with the AHS marching band tonight... won't be home until 11 or so, which will result in a quick check of the score midway through the second which should cure any urge I have to turn on the TV to anything other than Football Friday on WRAL.

Last edited:

putting my "hat of optimism" on, maybe we was told by Ronnie et al that they knew this season was going to be a crapfest but he would have the opportunity to really build something. As my friend always tells me, "if you don't have dreams, all you have are nightmares" :)
He was definitely in the rumored candidates.

Can't remember the last time I didn't even have at least a flicker of optimism regarding this team. Expecting more carnage, for sure. The kids have been thrown in the deep end and they're drowning. The few vets we can count on to lead are not doing it. It all looks pretty bad going forward.

What time does this one start? I was up at 5am this morning, and feel sleepy NOW. I have my doubts I could stay awake for this one. Not that I care to.

My pessimism is fully cooking right about now. I see the Canes having one awful tank of a season, one for the record book, and STILL not drafting higher than 3rd!

Buffalo has the new ownership thing going for them, like the Pens did several years ago...and the Quebec Panthers would probably love to have a shiny new superstar on their team in the near future. ;)

Look, the canes aren't in that bad a shape. They had a two game point streak which is better than the slugs ever had.
And the good part is they are only 10 points from first place.

I do believe Peters was sold a bill of goods. Remember how Francis and JR were touting the team as being so close to winning the division? I think they sold peters on just having to do few tweaks. Thus he had his training camp with that in mind. Just a few tweaks, a new system and style which aren't hard, they are all pros so will come into camp in condition and a positive attitude so all I need to do is have a short practice each day and a little extra pp time. The players will work out and get their legs in shape, etc.
See how that worked out for you Peters?

Game time is 9:30 and it's on SportsSouth, not Fox Sports Carolinas.

If Peters is surprised by this steaming pile of garbage then he doesn't have the scouting skills of a pair of my socks. Seriously. Tape was available dude.

If Peters is surprised by this steaming pile of garbage then he doesn't have the scouting skills of a pair of my socks. Seriously. Tape was available dude.

I can't think of any other explanation for what we saw in training camp and what is still going on.

I can't think of any other explanation for what we saw in training camp and what is still going on.

Great. We hired a boob then. Either that or he caught on so quickly that he figured that wasting too much instruction time on guys who would be playing elsewhere real soon was dumb. Let's hope it was the latter.

What was he supposed to do at the beginning of the season? Come out and say "Well, this season's gonna be really tough and painful, but hang in there, next year w/ McDavid, and prospects that we'll get when we trade Staal, Semin, Sekera, Tlusty, Ward, etc.. we're gonna start rebuilding into a perennial cup contender".

The Big Kahuna: My pessimism is fully cooking right about now. I see the Canes having one awful tank of a season, one for the record book, and STILL not drafting higher than 3rd!

Even drafting third, fourth, or fifth is going to yield a very, very good player in this summer's draft.

Acquiring McDavid would certainly a franchise-defining moment. But we (just like every other faltering team) will just have to treat that potential event like buying a winning lottery ticket.

At least all this suckage will get us one of those tickets.

Last edited:
What was he supposed to do at the beginning of the season? Come out and say "Well, this season's gonna be really tough and painful, but hang in there, next year w/ McDavid, and prospects that we'll get when we trade Staal, Semin, Sekera, Tlusty, Ward, etc.. we're gonna start rebuilding into a perennial cup contender".

Here's what both Peters and Francis should have avoided like the plague ... talking about how this team was THIS close to going to the playoffs if they'd just play better. Heck no they weren't ... and aren't. And all you did was set up the more gullible part of your fanbase to be deeply disappointed in a team that was clearly going nowhere.

Back